FJR Mileage Milestones

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't compare to the mega-milers on this thread, but I'm happy about the 80,000......

80k01_zpsa8ae84c5.jpg

And SO typical in MY life, this minor milestone occurred right next to the county landfill...

80k02_zps3f0c81c3.jpg

Here's my mileage as of Oct.10, you can see the odometer it's my picture. Putting this many miles on a year, I always send to the shop during the winter to get work done on it, to make sure it's ready for spring. This year they had to get some last minute things and I got a late start on my riding, late for me that is. After the winter tune-up, I had to replace the throttle cable, The original throttle cable, was replaced because it had 205,000 on it, and the new one I replaced it with lasted only 100,000, and it was frayed and had to be replaced. So if you don't need to change original, might want to think about it before you do. Also the Stator fried at 320,000 miles.

Here's my mileage as of Oct.10, you can see the odometer it's my picture. Putting this many miles on a year, I always send to the shop during the winter to get work done on it, to make sure it's ready for spring. This year they had to get some last minute things and I got a late start on my riding, late for me that is. After the winter tune-up, I had to replace the throttle cable, The original throttle cable, was replaced because it had 205,000 on it, and the new one I replaced it with lasted only 100,000, and it was frayed and had to be replaced. So if you don't need to change original, might want to think about it before you do. Also the Stator fried at 320,000 miles.
Gray Ghost, your mileage is truly amazing. I'd love to learn how/where you are able to clock up this much riding.

I had to replace my throttle cable at around 160k as it was getting quite sticky.

Am I reading that correctly? You're on your original motor, and you've replaced the throttle cable twice and the stator once? Can we get more details? I think that's a forum record if I'm not mistaken.

I would love nothing more than to hear that since 2003 you've put nothing in the crankcase other than Citgo SAE 30W bought at the gas station around the corner.

Down by deer at 57,700. This 06AE will go again, soon, parts on the way. Considering I live 10 miles from the first intersection, been "round the world" on my road alone. But can't imagine a better one to do over and again, no commerce, few houses, little traffic (weekend Hogs of course).

Mostly National Forest, State Park and hunt clubs. Radar....aint.

Down by deer at 57,700. This 06AE will go again, soon, parts on the way. Considering I live 10 miles from the first intersection, been "round the world" on my road alone. But can't imagine a better one to do over and again, no commerce, few houses, little traffic (weekend Hogs of course).

Mostly National Forest, State Park and hunt clubs. Radar....aint.
Sorry to hear. Hope you killed the little bass-turd.

Nice up yer way. Got a close friend living in Lynchburg, we mosey out to the hills once in a while. Thing that gets me tho- I always get a laugh from the the signs saying "George Washington and Jefferson Nat'l Forest". We know it means Thomas J. but it always kills me: George Washington and [George] Jefferson Nat'l Forest.....

You RAWK, GG. Have you taken time to calculate number of tires, gallons of gas, suspension refreshes, over this time period? I would love to know the compression numbers and leak down rate on a bike with the miles you have. You really need to contact Mamma Yamma and have this wonderful preserved forever once she eventually turns the final crankshaft revolution.

Truly Amazing, and for now - ride baby, ride.

Well, it might seem nothing to many of you, but I'm quite pleased.

(Click on image for larger view)

Taken when I'd gone out on a Monday Meander, brilliant sunshine, temperatures 6-8C (43-46F).

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I reading that correctly? You're on your original motor, and you've replaced the throttle cable twice and the stator once? Can we get more details? I think that's a forum record if I'm not mistaken.

I would love nothing more than to hear that since 2003 you've put nothing in the crankcase other than Citgo SAE 30W bought at the gas station around the corner.
Check back earlier, I listed what I had done to the bike. The Gray Ghost

What a looooong thread! It's great to see there are real riders out there. I'm at 53,000+ miles, which I bought new in September 2011.

O.K. I'll play. Just turned 272,000 on 12/18/2013. Never been in the motor internally. Just valve adj.,plugs, and oil changes. Still on the original clutch and still comes in at 3.0. The only things that have failed were the ignition switch (go figure) and the starter. The stator failed but it was an after market part so i can't blame that on Yamaha. went back to the OEM stator and no problems. The biggest replacement parts are tires.

"https://mxvet.smugmug.com/Other/posting-pics/i-SZZNvGN/0/M/img_5397-M.jpg"

Last edited by a moderator: