FJR Mileage Milestones

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old Yeller was loaded up and hauled away this morning. Upon closer inspection last week I noticed a couple things that caused me a little concern. So it's final odo reading was 223,113 miles. It even tugged at my wife's heart a bit to see her leaving the yard for the final time.
Sorry to hear about the loss of another Gen 1,my last ride was Aug.8, my knees are bothering me right now and I don't know why i only have 50,000 miles through the first of August since the first of the year. I'm taking the ign. switch of my old one and having it put on this one and hope to be back on the road by early Sept. Have you got another FJR yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Old Yeller was loaded up and hauled away this morning. Upon closer inspection last week I noticed a couple things that caused me a little concern. So it's final odo reading was 223,113 miles. It even tugged at my wife's heart a bit to see her leaving the yard for the final time.
Sorry to hear about the loss of another Gen 1,my last ride was Aug.8, my knees are bothering me right now and I don't know why i only have 50,000 miles through the first of August since the first of the year. I'm taking the ign. switch of my old one and having it put on this one and hope to be back on the road by early Sept. Have you got another FJR yet?
It pained me as well to think that she might just get torn apart and sold off one little bit n piece at a time. But I have to admit a new bike is some mighty powerful medicine to help get over a lost love.

I thought you had repaired your old bike. Turned out not to be fixable?

It pained me as well to think that she might just get torn apart and sold off one little bit n piece at a time. But I have to admit a new bike is some mighty powerful medicine to help get over a lost love.

I thought you had repaired your old bike. Turned out not to be fixable?
The jury is still out, they haven't opened her up yet, should find out this winter.

30,000 miles on my 2014 A (purchased on 11-15-2013, so it is less than 3 years old). Oh, BTW, zero issues, runs perfectly.

Dan

My second 03' I've now had for 2 yrs, as of 10/11/16, and turned 142,764 miles during this time, with a couple of interesting moments. First as I on a expressway I was getting ready to pass a log truck, and I noticed something out of the corner of my eyes and I noticed something wrong with the tires on the truck and applied my brakes abruptly as a whole recap tire came shooting out across the road in front of me and into the grassy middle of the expressway. Second, I was a few miles from home, when I saw a Bambi up ahead and headed off the road to my right and just as I was there he decided to cross back over the road. It wasn't full grown and never will be.!!!! It trashed my front fender and right side lower panel and possibly, bent tubes in the front forks slightly as the front wheel now is a lot closer to the fairing ? The bike still handles great, but has a slight pull to the right when you apply the brakes. It must not be anything serious as I have put a few thousand miles on since. Still waiting to see what the insurance company is going to do about it. As a lot of stock parts are not available for Gen 1's. P.S. I still believe in my electronic deer whistles, as I see them work all the times when deer stop and looking around to see what the noise is that caught their attention and then I gently toot my freeway blasters on. It's bee way over 300,000 miles since my first deer strike in 09" and I didn't have them then and I ride in deer country every day.

Don't know if this is really a milestone compared to some of the big dogs in here, but my '16 that I picked up April 15th turned 10k on the way home from Hooterville last week, and it's now ready for another set of rubber.

IMG_2327_zpsedcvb0mx.jpg

It must not be anything serious as I have put a few thousand miles on since. Still waiting to see what the insurance company is going to do about it. As a lot of stock parts are not available for Gen 1's.
I just bought a number of body parts for my 05, due to deer strike on 9/28. Upper, lower front fairing, two inner panels, no problem. Didn't have any trouble until I got to the left side saddlebag. All gone on that unit.

My second 03' I've now had for 2 yrs, as of 10/11/16, and turned 142,764 miles during this time, with a couple of interesting moments. First as I on a expressway I was getting ready to pass a log truck, and I noticed something out of the corner of my eyes and I noticed something wrong with the tires on the truck and applied my brakes abruptly as a whole recap tire came shooting out across the road in front of me and into the grassy middle of the expressway. Second, I was a few miles from home, when I saw a Bambi up ahead and headed off the road to my right and just as I was there he decided to cross back over the road. It wasn't full grown and never will be.!!!! It trashed my front fender and right side lower panel and possibly, bent tubes in the front forks slightly as the front wheel now is a lot closer to the fairing ? The bike still handles great, but has a slight pull to the right when you apply the brakes. It must not be anything serious as I have put a few thousand miles on since. Still waiting to see what the insurance company is going to do about it. As a lot of stock parts are not available for Gen 1's. P.S. I still believe in my electronic deer whistles, as I see them work all the times when deer stop and looking around to see what the noise is that caught their attention and then I gently toot my freeway blasters on. It's bee way over 300,000 miles since my first deer strike in 09" and I didn't have them then and I ride in deer country every day.

Glad to hear that you were relatively unscathed by these mishaps that could have been far worse. As you know rutting season is almost upon us...be careful out there. Good luck with the insurance adjustment. It would not take much to total a 04.

Glad to hear that you and the bike are ok.

There is a front fender for an '04 on eBay now. Not a big deal to get it painted the proper '03 silver.

PM sent about the left side lower.

Canadian FJR

well it finally happened… I traded off my 06 fjr in sept. It had 165 000 km of fun on it. Almost a tearful goodbye. However the new super tenere took the sting out of the loss. Love the upright position, different kind of power delivery, etc… and the break in ride to Arizona ( now has 6500 km ) and will be down there in 3 weeks again for more fun. In the meantime, I still have my other fjr (another 06 but almost new…only 85 000 km) here in Saskatchewan, and the early snow has mostly melted. Was out for a good scoot yesterday and plan to put on some km in the next week while temps hold (fingers crossed) Feels strange to be back on an fjr after a month riding the super tenere…but good