FJR Mileage Milestones

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rolled 100k (miles) today on my 2013. Purchased in May 2014 from a forum member with 5K miles on it.

36359348275_af4e0afcfa_m.jpg

I don't know????I think there was someone last year with similar mileage and I recall they lived in a warmer climate that would facilitate a longer riding season than Michigan.

I'd venture to guess first 5 is a safe bet.

No pics but this did happen. Next weekend will make 5 years of ownership for me and yesterday I turned 70k miles since I took possession.

My second 03 was in the shop for 81/2 mos., just got it back on 8-4-17. On 8-28-17, I turned 160,445 on this one and added to my first 03, 395,110, gives me a nice total of 555,555 on my Gen 1's. I've had it back for 5 wks. and turned 10,000 on it, trying to get used to riding again, I didn't have a bike for awhile and I almost forgot how to ride.
smile.png
but it slowly came back to me. P.S. nice seeing you at the park at Fly Ohio, John.

Last edited by a moderator:
My second 03 was in the shop for 81/2 mos., just got it back on 8-4-17. On 8-28-17, I turned 160,445 on this one and added to my first 03, 395,110, gives me a nice total of 555,555 on my Gen 1's. I've had it back for 5 wks. and turned 10,000 on it, trying to get used to riding again, I didn't have a bike for awhile and I almost forgot how to ride.
smile.png
but it slowly came back to me. P.S. nice seeing you at the park at Fly Ohio, John.
Congrats Gray Ghost, that's an awesome achievement
punk.gif

Recently my no.2 FJR, had internal issues and is finished with 218,668 miles as of 9/23/17. So I bought a new 2015 FJR, so I'd have a ride, then 5 days later, unexpectedly ole grey came home and I got busy putting miles on it and left my new one sit. As you can see from the picture here, I had 399,000 miles on it and after 3 more rides, I was less than 20 miles from 400K and I had an tragic accident with a bicyclist and now I'm taking time off to visit family which I haven't seen for a while. Stay alert ride on brothers and sisters. G.G.

So, as i have read many posts from you GG, I apperently have not read the ones needed to figure out how you (almost) made it to 400,000 miles on that one bike. Original engine? Rebuilds? New engine? Sorry if this was said somewhere before but i couldn't find it. I am curious because I am more interested in how far the powertrain will go than how far the frame, wheels and gas tank will go. I once read an article about "the Million Mile Harley". Turns out the only things that went a million miles were the oil tank and a couple of other similar parts. 9 rebuilds and an entirely new engine doesn't count for me. I assume No.2 made 218,000 on the original engine which is awesome in itself, but curious about the 400,000. I know there are Goldwings that have made it on the original engine without rebuild but I've seen no such thing from HD. Fighting the good fight on the "Jap Scrap" myth. Lol

Friday evening I hit 80k miles since I picked up my FJR in August of 2012.

PB030001-XL.jpg

This actually makes 10k just since August 6th.

So, as i have read many posts from you GG, I apperently have not read the ones needed to figure out how you (almost) made it to 400,000 miles on that one bike. Original engine? Rebuilds? New engine? Sorry if this was said somewhere before but i couldn't find it. I am curious because I am more interested in how far the powertrain will go than how far the frame, wheels and gas tank will go. I once read an article about "the Million Mile Harley". Turns out the only things that went a million miles were the oil tank and a couple of other similar parts. 9 rebuilds and an entirely new engine doesn't count for me. I assume No.2 made 218,000 on the original engine which is awesome in itself, but curious about the 400,000. I know there are Goldwings that have made it on the original engine without rebuild but I've seen no such thing from HD. Fighting the good fight on the "Jap Scrap" myth. Lol
Yes, it's the original engine, I had a small oil leak I thought was a gasket, but when I changed the oil at 395,110 it was full of shavings, we discovered the cam chain had stretched and chewed up one of the guides and put a slit in the case cover. It was a small shop in a busy season, so they weren't sure it was worth messing with, so I bought another used one which you know about, No.2. Fast forward 3+ years, they flushed the shavings out and put in a new cam chain, cct and guides, oil pump and some new hoses. The engine was not torn down or rebuilt, it was running better than my second one did and then the accident. The engine is still fine, but the front of the bike needs a face lift to get it back on the road. The bike did not go down, just damaged the front end, and gave me a lot of sore muscles. I understand he got a new motorcycle and it's in the hall of fame, and I got nothing from Yamaha, for almost 400,000 on the original engine, makes sense to me?

When we sold our 2005s I (herfjr) had 103,000 Miles and ZOOOMM had 98,000 miles.

We sold both of them in spring of 2014.

All of those miles were on the stock seats! :-0