FJR Mileage Milestones

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up this '08 at the end of the 2016 riding season. Put about 1000 miles on it that year.

Last year was my first full year with her. 6055 miles.

I'm hoping for 10k this year.

I remember when I got this bike some member on here mentioned that I would blast through the annual mileage I used to put on my M109R by mid-season.

That is just about correct.

I have this thing farkled JUST about the way I want it now, I can ride all day, day after day. It's a pretty amazing machine.

Rolled over 70k miles this morning on the way to work. Hope to see 80k this summer as well.

ItBEqKSb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
August 20, 2017. Day 2 of vacation.

Mileage%20zoom-2-L.jpg

22 August 2017, Day 4 of vacation

DSCF4067-L.jpg

I should hit 22,222 this weekend if I go on a longish ride. Currently at 22,040. (Helps if I put in the correct mileage)

I just finished my iron butt ride from 4-26 thru 6-17, 53 days in a row without missing a ride. My old record was only 21 days in a row. Total mileage during the 53 days was 19,868, on the 49th day mileage was 422,685 miles which gives me a grand total of 600,000 miles on my FJR's. Those of you that I saw at the Rally on the 3rd and 5th of May when I ONLY had 407,000 on the 3rd and 408,000 on the 5th. I been real busy since.!!!!!!!! P.S., I haven't had a chance to check e-mails or anything else for that matter. Also, I tagged another Bambi, but it didn't slow me down. Also, I'm over 32,000 miles for the year.

Gray, Looks like you need a 400K - 03 Club and a 600 FJR CLUB, as well as a 700 Yamaha club Avatars. Congrats, a record, I think, that will not be beat. This is your page.

End of the road for my '05 at 144,682 miles.

Prius driver didn't want to share lanes. Fortunately, she was only doing about 10 mph and I was only doing about 20 mph, but still got my very first ambulance ride and CT scan as I had what looked like a compound fracture of my right thumb (turned out to be dislocated, but when one's thumbnail touches the back of the next joint, bone ends are visible through the torn skin - fooled both me and the good Samaritan RN who pulled up to help). I was wearing good gloves, the glove's knuckles on the left hand were heavily scraped, and that hand was fine. I also stopped sliding when my shoulder and helmet hit a curb and impact was close enough to my neck they wanted to make sure there were no spinal complications (none found, thankfully). Motoport/Cycleport gear did its job - not a scratch, but a few deeply bruised / sore spots from impact and/or flailing.

Ripped the front bumper off the Prius - I'm not a forensics guy by any means, but from looking at the damage to the bike, main point of impact was probably near the marker light on the fairing, with paint transfer both fore and aft of that point. No idea how my right lower leg (knee to foot) came out unscathed as the brake pedal was also bent. I figure my body must have been about even with her front door post/ front fender when she initiated her illegal lane change (crossing solid lines to get into a merging on-ramp lane) and front wheel just past the front of her car by the time she hit me. Haven't seen the police report yet, but if it comes out as anything but 100% her fault, I'm going to be surprised and disappointed

Progressive totaled the bike, including paying for aftermarket stuff, and paid for my gloves and helmet. Excellent service thus far, we'll see how it goes once they and the Prius driver's insurance start tussling over ambulance and medical costs.

Sorry to hear about injuries to you and the totaled FJR. Glad to hear them first-hand from you; a signal you're up and about.

144,682, eh? That's a big number, brother.

Gray, Looks like you need a 400K - 03 Club and a 600 FJR CLUB, as well as a 700 Yamaha club Avatars. Congrats, a record, I think, that will not be beat. This is your page.
Yes, I need the 400K and 600K avatars, but I don't know why you think I need the 700 yet as I only have...… 607,315 miles for all three. P.S. give me a year and a half to reach 700K.... :)