FJR numbers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:blink: That would be an interesting tidbit of information. I am hoping that is is more then the number of '05's sold, considering the advertised improvements that Yamaha had put forth.

Another interesting question along those lines is how many units were sold as compared to the new BMW 1200 or the Honda ST1300?

There had to be a very small number of these units made. I have never seen another 06 out and about. I've been to the honda hoot (about 20,000 (all brand) attendees) and supercycle weekend at mid ohio's race course (50,000 (all brand) attendees). Never saw another 06 (except modeling a seat at the corbin booth) at either events.

These are rare birds!!!!

GreyGoose

Only Yamaha knows for sure, and they haven't been willing to disclose that information or even sales forecasts.

The most educated estimate I've heard is '03 to '05 was in the 6,000 range for North America. Popularity has been growing with the FJR so one could try and extrapolate.

There had to be a very small number of these units made. I have never seen another 06 out and about. I've been to the honda hoot (about 20,000 (all brand) attendees) and supercycle weekend at mid ohio's race course (50,000 (all brand) attendees). Never saw another 06 (except modeling a seat at the corbin booth) at either events.
These are rare birds!!!!

GreyGoose
At MidOhio Vintage Days I saw 4 other 06's not including mine and I didn't go anywhere other than straight in the place, to the infield, back out around the track and into the pits. I never left the track area. I'm sure there were more than that there. :yahoo:

If you didn't see them you weren't looking too hard :unsure: But there were only a billion other bikes there too.

Hmarc ( who organizes the WFO's along with WC ) has in the past calculated these #...

2003 about 1800 units

2004 about 2400 units

2005 about 3500 units

but no word yet on how many 2006's, but we can assumme 4000 / 4500 ????

This is based off of how many people register there PDP # and serial # over on his Micapeak site, then calculating the numbers from there.

These are FJR #'s for North America only. I spoke with the rep at the 06 release at Alice's last year, he gave the same feed back about the 2005 sales numbers, but said that worldwide sales ( excluding the North America sales ) are twice that number.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmarc ( who organizes the WFO's along with WC ) has in the past calculated these #...2003 about 1800 units

2004 about 2400 units

2005 about 3500 units
That was where I was guestimating my 6,000 from. Clearly wrong then. I'd think this addition of 8,000'ish is the best estimate.

my AE is #000060, California model
Hey Dave,

Is that based upon the last digits of the VIN?

If so I have the Nicky Hayden bike...#000069

Mike
Mike, sure is based upon the last digits of the VIN. I am not sure for the A and AE models if there are a different series of numbers for the 49 State and CA only bikes. Anyone out there know??

my AE is #000060, California model
Hey Dave,

Is that based upon the last digits of the VIN?

If so I have the Nicky Hayden bike...#000069

Mike
Mike, sure is based upon the last digits of the VIN. I am not sure for the A and AE models if there are a different series of numbers for the 49 State and CA only bikes. Anyone out there know??
I know that there is another 06A out there with the same last 5 digits as mine -00022- so California and 49 state bikes have different VIN numbers. This makes it difficult to use the VIN's as a indicator of quantity.

Saw a tidbit a while back that Yamaha sold about 15,000 FJR's in the states since it was brought in. :D