• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FJR Police Bike for $22k...are they nuts?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yroundrdn

Reaction score
I just couldn't believe they wanted $22k for this FJR police. Interesting look though...

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/mcy/4663341434.html

fjrpolice.jpg

Well they appear to be valuing the police equipment at $9000.

Without it they are offering the bike for $13200.

$7K?

The difference is $9K and for $13,200 you come darn close to getting a brand new 2014 machine with a full warranty - ($14,8 will get you an ES from some dealers). What IS Yamaha's warranty for commercial vehicles, anyway?

$7K?
The difference is $9K and for $13,200 you come darn close to getting a brand new 2014 machine with a full warranty - ($14,8 will get you an ES from some dealers). What IS Yamaha's warranty for commercial vehicles, anyway?
Yah but you would have to put up with that nasty red instead of the cool black and white. I wonder what is included in the extra $9000? In any case, I expect they will be sitting on that for awhile at the current asking price.

Well, it would be funny if for nothing else then to blow people's minds when riding at speed through the canyons!
smile.png

Yes!

And for the Californicators it it would make lane splitting like the parting of the Red Sea! Fairlaner???

$7K?
Yah but you would have to put up with that nasty red instead of the cool black and white. I wonder what is included in the extra $9000? In any case, I expect they will be sitting on that for awhile at the current asking price.
I keep forgetting . . . . up here they are all-black (this is mine from when I picked it up last month):

WP_20140822_17_00_47_Smart_1.jpg

WP_20140822_17_01_00_Smart_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a few mates with ex-cop FJR's, hate riding with them

Every time I look in the bloody mirrors ...............lol lol.

The Queensland Government, at the time, cancelled new orders for the cops, so Yamaha sold them off as "Special" touring edition.

$7K?
"I wonder what is included in the extra $9000?"

Immunity from speeding tickets?

$7K?
I keep forgetting . . . . up here they are all-black (this is mine from when I picked it up last month):

WP_20140822_17_00_47_Smart_1.jpg

WP_20140822_17_01_00_Smart_1.jpg
Not fair!!
sorry.gif

I saw a Canadian ES FJR a few weeks back that was touring with a group of folks. Looked good. Much like my 09 FJR. Which is why I am very glad they don't make it black here. As much as I love how the black 09/14 Canuckistan FJRs look when new and clean, I ride far too much to keep it clean so mine always looks like ass.

I always said I would never buy a black vehicle and I violated my own rule when I bought my 09 FJR. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

I know what you mean! I have that problem with my (black) 08 FJR!

I would still prefer the black FJR to the red one... I'm hoping the 2015 FJR is blue! Figure we have a 50/50 chance since Silver and Red have been used... leaving Black and Blue for 15 and 16 before the color cycle repeats itself. Wish they offered them in multiple colors each year like their other bikes.

I saw a Canadian ES FJR a few weeks back that was touring with a group of folks. Looked good. Much like my 09 FJR. Which is why I am very glad they don't make it black here. As much as I love how the black 09/14 Canuckistan FJRs look when new and clean, I ride far too much to keep it clean so mine always looks like ass.
I always said I would never buy a black vehicle and I violated my own rule when I bought my 09 FJR. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

Interesting how Yamaha elected to equip the Canadian ES with color matching side panels and tank band. I see the European bikes are similar in Red. Apparently the Yamaha USA folks in Cypress,CA have no input on color schemes or Japan thinks we like bikes with mis-matching color scheme.

I believe that Yamaha regional distributors DO have input on the colour schemes, possibly about the only thing they control;

This year Canadian bikes are completely mono-coloured; tank skirt, side panel and grab rail the bike's color.

Euro bikes are all mono-coloured, but for the grab rail, which is silver. For years Europeans and other markets had the choice of several colours and the bikes had what some consider to be neat striping where North Americans have only had the single choice and plain paint work . . . .

US bikes have silver tank skirts and side rails and body coloured grab rails and apparently black side vents, from EricL's avatar photo . . .

Another item is the immobiliser; All bikes EXCEPT US bikes have them . . . probably because they are not required by law and to keep their costs down and because the market is large enough for them to flex their muscles in that regard. So as a result Americans get bendable keys where everyone else has good, solid ones.

Canadians don't get bag liners for some reason, where Americans (and probably other markets) do. Then again, Americans can't order the OEM footguards from Yamaha in the US and no one in North America can order the narrower 'city cases' from local distribution.

Likely everything else is regulation-driven (some markets have reduced horsepower, others (like the Canadians) can't select US/British measure for display purposes. Euro machines have no reflectors on their side cases or front forks, Europeans get 'flash to pass' and so on.

I'm certain there is likely more regional customisation. I'm glad I'm not a vehicle manufacturer.

Last edited by a moderator: