FJR Sucks

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoadGlide

Reaction score
OK, I'm pissed right now. My 2006 FJR with 35,000 miles on it has me "upset." I went for a little ride last night and it felt like I was riding a bicycle. The bike has always ran great and still does, but I'm dealing with these phucking Dunlap RoadSmart tires that will NEVER see my rims again. I put the tires on just prior to NAFO. On the way out from Florida I stopped in Arkansas and had the tires balanced again due a really rough ride. Rear tire had a full ounce too much. A little better but not much. I bought the tires online so I'm stuck with a bad tire. I believe it to be the rear. Now I have to replace a tire with 4200 miles on it that I normally get 10,000 plus out of. Damn rubber is not growing on trees! (Or does it) I suppose next the ignition will fail me. Should I start looking for a new bike? "Rant off"

Last edited by a moderator:
One bad tire in 35,000 miles and you want to know if you should start looking for a new bike?

Dude, all you need is a chill pill and a few deep breaths.

Your whine does't even deserve some cheese to go along with it. :p

OK, I'm pissed right now. My 2006 FJR with 35,000 miles on it has me "upset." I went for a little ride last night and it felt like I was riding a bicycle. The bike has always ran great and still does, but I'm dealing with these phucking Dunlap RoadSmart tires that will NEVER see my rims again. I put the tires on just prior to NAFO. On the way out from Florida I stopped in Arkansas and had the tires balanced again due a really rough ride. Rear tire had a full ounce too much. A little better but not much. I bought the tires online so I'm stuck with a bad tire. I believe it to be the rear. Now I have to replace a tire with 4200 miles on it that I normally get 10,000 plus out of. Damn rubber is not growing on trees! (Or does it) I suppose next the ignition will fail me. Should I start looking for a new bike? "Rant off"
Are you trying to be funny?

I think your bike is shit and because you're a fellow FJR rider I will give you 800 bucks for it bad tires and all.

You know what really sucks??? I bit down on a blue corn tortilla chip tonight and the damn thing actually impaled the roof of my mouth. No sh*t. Like a giant splinter. Didn't just cut it - stuck in it. My wife had to dig out the piece lodged under the skin with a plastic toothpick. Now THAT is something to get worked about!! :dribble: "Rant off"

Don't worry, guys. I already called. RoadGlide: help is on the way!!!!

1733-whaambulance.jpg

I never got more than 3500 miles out of any brand of rubber. I will give you 5 grand for that clunker... Smitty :rolleyes:

There is a couple of things you need to do to fix the issue....

-NEVER, and I mean NEVER buy another Dunlop tire. THEY SUCK!!!! Been there done that, have the pain in my wallet over it.

-Next, purchase Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's...THEY ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best tire ever I've ever put on a bike!!!

Ray

I give RoadGlide a free pass on this one.

Too many excellent posts in the past and a CBA/LDR to boot.

I kinda like the guy.

Hey RG, for what is worth, (not much)

my preferences are:

1. around my hood, wanna go fast and look studly - Avon Storms.

2. Long trip planned, need excellent mileage and handling too? - PRIIs (very impressed so far)

3. Long trip, nothing but Intestate - ME880 on the rear and whatever is sticky on the front.

Keep puffin' up RG, I like you no matter what! :rolleyes:

I must not respond to senseless rants.

Damn 10-step programs!!!

Sorry to hear of your Dunlop misfortune.

So far I like my rear Dunlop Roadsmart.

I'll give you $1 per CC, or $1298 for the bike. ;)

Let's see... You bought a Dunlop Roadsmart and had it mounted. It was mis-balanced by the original mounter by a full ounce and somehow that is the fault of the FJR or Dunlop?

Are you sure the second guys properly balanced the tire? Maybe it's still wrong. Or maybe it is out of round now from running it misbalanced??

BTW, if you can get 10k miles out of a rear tire, you're good. I get about 5k miles if I'm lucky.