FJR VS Pontiac

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you are laying in the road, an FJR parked on your head, and you freak out and just pick the FJR up. Either you are really strong, or that was some pretty intense Adrenalin your body shot through you! This story is way better than TWN's crash story :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!! I've just about heard ALL of the crash stories I can stand for several years.

I'm glad you will be OK. Do go to the doctor and get checked out. You never know what you might have injured.

Take care.....SUPERMAN BIKE LIFTER.

Glad you are Ok, but from the looks of the top/front area of the helmet you got real lucky.

Take care

Glenn

So you are laying in the road, an FJR parked on your head, and you freak out and just pick the FJR up. Either you are really strong, or that was some pretty intense Adrenalin your body shot through you!
No kidding - it take a serious amount of strength to pick up an FJR...especially if it's pinning your head down!

So OpenSource, you didn't happen to get exposed to high amounts of gamma radiation which cause you to turn green when you get mad?

Glad to hear you're okay, coulda been pretty messy otherwise. What happened to the cager, did they at least help?

Damn, somehow just saw this. Glad that you are alright. Not sure where in Ga you are exactly, but if I can help, don't hesitate to give me a shout.

Glad to hear you're okay, coulda been pretty messy otherwise. What happened to the cager, did they at least help?

NOBODY even stopped except for the guy who hit me. He was apologetic, and concerned about my health.

As it turns out though, he had outstanding warrants in another county and was fitted up with some bracelets before I left there.

So you are laying in the road, an FJR parked on your head, and you freak out and just pick the FJR up. Either you are really strong, or that was some pretty intense Adrenalin your body shot through you!
No kidding - it take a serious amount of strength to pick up an FJR...especially if it's pinning your head down!

So OpenSource, you didn't happen to get exposed to high amounts of gamma radiation which cause you to turn green when you get mad?
As a matter of fact, I ate large amounts of Seafood during my youth from an area later deemed an EPA superfund site. :nuke: This was due to tremendous amounts of mercury "lost" :poster_oops: by a local chemical plant.

Glad you're ok. I know the pain. I was stopped at a traffic light with everyone else - even the guy behind me. When the light changed he just took off way quicker than I did. He was also talking on a cell phone. He was very appologetic and I still want to thank Chris for stopping to help move the bike. He says he lives in Va Bch and rides an FJR.

I did a quick get off but was standing watching my bike moving forward as it leaned over and hit the ground. I never did hit the ground myself, but I did the quick two step so the car behind me didn't hit me after they hit the bike.

Never learned that dance step in the MC training courses.

It cost insurance 2100 to replace all the plastic and parts.

Hope your are back riding soon.

Glad you're ok. I know the pain. I was stopped at a traffic light with everyone else - even the guy behind me. When the light changed he just took off way quicker than I did. He was also talking on a cell phone. He was very appologetic and I still want to thank Chris for stopping to help move the bike. He says he lives in Va Bch and rides an FJR.
I did a quick get off but was standing watching my bike moving forward as it leaned over and hit the ground. I never did hit the ground myself, but I did the quick two step so the car behind me didn't hit me after they hit the bike.

Never learned that dance step in the MC training courses.

It cost insurance 2100 to replace all the plastic and parts.

Hope your are back riding soon.
Did you have any sub-frame problems? It looks as though the lower rear frame rail is bent. I am wondering if they are going to total the bike. :( I also think the wheel bearings may be shot.

Well, the shop says $4400 to put her back in shape. Subframe was bent. Have not seen the rundown, but I believe the rear wheel bearings were toast as well.

Now the BS begins with the other guys Insurance Co. <_<

Well, the shop says $4400 to put her back in shape. Subframe was bent. Have not seen the rundown, but I believe the rear wheel bearings were toast as well.Now the BS begins with the other guys Insurance Co. <_<
At least he had insurance what with the outstanding warrants and all. :)

Glad to hear you're OK, but get to a doctor and have yourself checked out - I have chronic low grade pain from a bone chip in my ankle I said was 'nothing' after I went down 3 years ago. I also have a torn rotator cuff - but in that case, the cure can be worse than the disease.
File a claim with your insurance company and take the bike to a reputable dealer and have it properly checked - your machine could even be totaled . . . . don't forget to claim your helmet and your jacket and pants.
More important than the bike is you. I have a sad tale of woe from a 'little accident'. I normally ride to work (unless its raining, snowing or under 30 degrees - we old GL1800 riders are tough). In December of 2005 I had an appointment with a customer so I took my Maxima. I was sitting at a stop sign abt a mile from home (the way I always go to work), looked to the left then turned back to the right just in time to see an SUV heading for me as she made a left turn into the street I was on. She hit me head on while I was sitting there stopped, her cell phone in hand. My left arm was straight out on the wheel & my right on the stick. After the accident my arm hurt like hell but I told the cop I would be ok - not. 2 hours later I was in my doctor's office. Very long story short - I had an ulnar nerve relocation (funny bone nerve) done on 8/16/06. Wrong diagnosis. My arm continued to hurt to the point where I gave up riding (I do abt 18K miles a year on my bike). On 8/16/07 I had a cervical fusion done. The accident had caused 2 discs to flatten my spinal cord. I now have permanent muscle loss in my hand / arm and constant pain that will be forever. My LD days are apparently over. All from a 'crappy little accident' that I thought was nothing. It has changed my life completely (I can't even hold my camera for any length of time now).

The whole point of my story is make sure you REALLY are ok. I hate to think what it would have been like if I was on the bike. I am still planning to buy an 08 FJR even if it turns out to be just for commuting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like CTFJR says, don't release the insurance company until you have had a complete physical check by your own doctor of choice. Pay attention to all the aches and pains, dizzyness, etc.... and report any thing minor to major to your doctor for a complete work up and diagnosis. The insurance will settle on the bike and then should come back to settle on the injury claim, just don't sign it tell you are 150% sure you good to go cause there will be no turning back after releasing them.