FJR wont start!! SOS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never fear....Justrideit is here!!
My computer does'nt work so good so I don't check in that often. I have been in my garage many a time in the last 3 years with the heat on and have never gotten a headache or felt sick. Thanks for the concern guys. I will be more carefull. 

A carbon monoxide senser for the garage is next on the shopping list.

HMMM, now where are those instructions that came with the ventless heater?
Vent the garage anyway -- your body detects CO2 levels, not O2 or CO -- you won't "notice" a problem until it's too late --

extreme example:

NASA techs have died after walking into the comparments on the shuttle that were purged with N2 (fire/explosion precaution) -- loss of O2 hits the brain, can't function well enough to recognize the problem. IIRC this includes at least one rescuer who went in to pull out his buddy. He knew what the problem was, knew he had to get in & out, but just couldn't get in & out before the lack of 02 got to him

Vent that sucker!! CO is odorless & sensors can fail

Last edited by a moderator:
I read the heater manual. My garage just needs a door cracked to let in fresh air. From now on I will let the garage heat up, then open the door from the kitchen to the garage and leave it open.

I can't afford to loose any more brain cells.....really ;)

I have a feeling the 06's will come with a giant WARNING sticker on the tank for liability reasons after an FJR rider's wife sues YAMAHA for CO poisoning.!