FJR1300 History:all models,all colours 2001-2011

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent find. Thanks for posting!

I love how they describe the throttle responsiveness changes - they made it 'better' in 2006, then back to 'normal' in 2008.

I also did not know about the changes to the AE programming for 2009.

I sure like that Techno Jade and Desert Metallic. Wish we would have had those options here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I love those Jade, gold, and red colors that Europe got. The black on that 2001 was phenomenal too. Anyone notice the total lack of inspiration after 2007? Nothing but black or silver.

That's pretty good info. Should be pinned somewhere.

I also did not know about the changes to the AE programming for 2009.
Must be the Europe rendition as 'AS' to mean 'AE' ?

2009 model The standard FJR1300A gets an improved clutch with lighter feel and the AS model gets an updated mapping of the control system of the YCC-S, for improved ride quality especially in stop/start urban situations.

Damn, the Europeans get all the good colors plus decals, and they get their choice of colors any given year! We just get one solid color per year, sans decals. Guess we're the red headed step children...

Ocean Depth (Europe) = Cobalt (US)

Red Sky (Europe) = Black Cherry (US)

That's a great find! If they updated the AE software for low speeds that would be a really nice tweak.

Let the record show that there exist in the world 2012 FJR1300AS models, just not in the US.

That's a great find! If they updated the AE software for low speeds that would be a really nice tweak.
Appears they did starting in '09.

I keep reading older AE's with a jerky problem but truthfully my '09 is smooth as butter. Speaking of the older AE's I have to believe that you can them into your dealer for this update/upgrade?

I like the Techno Jade too. I also like the Graphite color available on on 07? 08? AE's available here. I've only ever seen one of them though at EOM 08.

Nice find, always liked the Jade and Desert Metallic. Too bad we never got the option... :blink:

OTOH, this one isn't too shabby either.

2009_FJR1300A-P_LYNM9_EUR_STU_0003PS02.png

--G

Nice find, always liked the Jade and Desert Metallic. Too bad we never got the option... :blink:

OTOH, this one isn't too shabby either.

2009_FJR1300A-P_LYNM9_EUR_STU_0003PS02.png

--G
This is my lovely colour!it is realy beautifoul when you see it in fact with your eyes..!The last model fj1200 was just the same colour with this...Mine is a silver storm BS4.Techno jade colour it looks nice only in shady places..in direct sunshine it looks like discoloration of last of age..(sory for my not good language probably..)

ps.How did you posting this photo here??i try but i can't..

<snip> How did you posting this photo here??i try but i can't..
Download the photo and save it to your PC. Upload to a photo hosting site (I use photobucket) in 640 X 480 size and use the *Insert Image* feature from the tool bar above, or copy/paste the URL *IMG* directly from the hosting site. Alternative is copy the image location and directly link here...I've had mixed results using that.

--G

<snip> How did you posting this photo here??i try but i can't..
Download the photo and save it to your PC. Upload to a photo hosting site (I use photobucket) in 640 X 480 size and use the *Insert Image* feature from the tool bar above, or copy/paste the URL *IMG* directly from the hosting site. Alternative is copy the image location and directly link here...I've had mixed results using that.

--G
Thanks for you helpfuly informations ;)

Latest posts