FJR1300AE vs. FJR1300AS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johndaub

Reaction score
Today I made payment on my 2007 FJR1300 with electric shift. Based on Yamaha's website, I would be buying the AE model. However, the sales contract said I was buying the AS model. Therefore, I did some searching on this site and figured out that the AE is sold in the US and the AS is sold in the rest of the world. Is it possible that Yamaha has brought some of the AS's into the US or is this simply a typo by the dealership?

I think Dave is right, its a typo. The models listed in the Yamaha Parts Catalog are:

"FJR13AEW FJR1300AE (2007 Motorcycle)" If there is a "C" after these numbers, it's a California model.

Still, a contract is a contract, so call the dealer or Yamaha and MAKE CERTAIN.

Last edited by a moderator:
TurboD offers a good suggestion. You can also look at the 8th character of your VIN and let us know what it is, that letter represents the model. Example - N = Canada; Y = CA; E = 49 state. VIN characters four through seven are the vehicle description code.

It would also help to know where you are located.

Probably just an error in writing the sales order.

Interestingly, "FJR1300AS" was the model designation for the 2004 FJR1300 with ABS.

TurboD offers a good suggestion. You can also look at the 8th character of your VIN and let us know what it is, that letter represents the model. Example - N = Canada; Y = CA; E = 49 state. VIN characters four through seven are the vehicle description code.
It would also help to know where you are located.

The eighth character is E so I must have the 49 state bike. I called my salesman and he said that it was a typo that just happened to be the international model name. I am in Delaware. Thanks to all for the information.