FJRForum Official 2017 Iron Butt Rally Tracking/Analysis Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NYC Library?

nyc%20library.jpg

Yup, I was just going to write they must be taking pics of the lions at the NY Public Library and I see the spot there now!

Spot has worked consistently for me.. no glitches.

Anyhoo.. all the riders that dipped into Canada seem to be back in the US.. Any thoughts on what that was for?

I wonder if there is a bonus at the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History in DC. They've got the big elephant and the T-Rex.

(And finally got my IBR hit from the Spotwalla drug dealer - ahhhhhhh).

Last edited by a moderator:
A giant Mosquito?

A Channel Cat (not what you're thinking of)

Great Plains Camels?

Wild turkeys?

Just guessin'

Hey gang! Thx again for hosting the best forum thread on the IBR out there...visiting again from my home base at ST-Owners.com but there's only a single ST1100 entered this year. /shedding tear. :)

Someone else already mentioned it, but this gem of a location is just 3/4 of a mile from my house and less than 1/2 mile from where I work...dinosaurs on two different locations of the building...

https://goo.gl/oKmJj7

Looks like there is an otter in Ottertail, MN, that was part of a string on the way to the Prairie Chicken for some. Dunno about Canada, but Sault St Marie has a restaurant called The Antlers that people swooped up to get. It has an utterly nondescript exterior, but lots of taxidermy on the inside. I wonder if they had to get a pic of something cool inside the restaurant. I would be bummed to ride all that way just to get an ugly building with a sign saying "Antlers."

Ah, me. I could spend all day happily trying to piece parts of this together. Best go off and do something productive.

Did I say productive? Yes, the Komarno mosquito and Chuck the Channel Cat were both visited in Manitoba.

This is fun! Must. Shut. Off. Computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I just spotted someone on a traffic cam in NYC. Which in and of itself it just freaking crazy.

Was going to post a pic but at this point, that doesn't seem right.

Correct?

Looks like the Mothman is one of the Boni in Point Pleasant WV.
Holy crap! I've been through there too many times to count and wasn't aware of this lil' nugget!

The Canadian tags I was able to find were a mosquito north of Winnipeg (and I think it was life-size), Sara the Camel, and a wild turkey.

Looks like the Mothman is one of the Boni in Point Pleasant WV.
Holy crap! I've been through there too many times to count and wasn't aware of this lil' nugget!

The Canadian tags I was able to find were a mosquito north of Winnipeg (and I think it was life-size), Sara the Camel, and a wild turkey.
I'll gladly guide you and Sooze right to it anytime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts