FJRForum Official 2019 Iron Butt Rally Tracking/Analysis Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep watching the riders making the run between Tucson and Gila Bend by way of 85/86 rather than the more direct route of I-8/I-10. For the life of me I can't figure out what bonus they might be collecting since they never seem to stop anywhere. Could they really just be avoiding the construction along I-10?
I know there are bonii in Nevada that I have seen collected. Are they just on the way there?
Kitt Peak? Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument?

You think Jeff Earls and rally organizers are watching the same GPS pushpins we are, but they're secretly doing this in a darkened room at the hotel right now:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a couple guys went over Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park. It just opened a couple weeks ago. Today it's 80˚ in Denver, 43˚ at 12,183 feet.

Mike Hutsul was on his way via car from Winnipeg to help Maura with her tire change at Checkpoint One.
He centre punched a deer last night in one of those big VW SUVs, he is ok, airbags deployed , Car is immobilized.
Very glad to hear Mike is okay. We had a lengthy conversation several years ago about deer and rallying. They are one of the couple main reasons I limited my participation in competitive rallies. Ride enough, particularly at night, and odds are eventually this will happen. I'd prefer to be in a car when it does.

A good deer is no deer!!

I mirror your sentiments about riding at night. Although, I slayed mine at dusk...

But then there are some FJRForum members who have in the past abused sheep at night (there are pictures) only to have their brethren take revenge...and that happened in broad daylight as far as I remember...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just noticed a tracker go red on hwy 212 in WY. Not familiar with that part of the country but looks like a pretty remote place for a problem.

The daily reports are terrific!

I was not able to open the MP3 phone call recordings embedded within the report PDF. My computer does support this file format. Anybody have any thoughts?

IBA has acknowledged an issue with the embedded mp3 files and hopes to remedy it later tonight. I've met Wolfe Bonham a few times and knowing him REALLY look forward to hearing his audio clip.

The daily reports are terrific!
I was not able to open the MP3 phone call recordings embedded within the report PDF. My computer does support this file format. Anybody have any thoughts?
I could not open them either, hppants.

I am thinking the scribe must be exhausted, lots of misspellings and grammatical errors in that June 19 daily report. LOL

bike.gif

Just finished the last update. I rode Mt Evens on my DRZ in 2017 - windy, bumpy, but no snow. I can't image coming down, at night, in the snow. That must have been a FML moment...

Status
Not open for further replies.