FJRForum Official 2023 Iron Butt Rally Tracking/Analysis Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm enjoying following the rally again this year. How many days are Leg 2 and is it back to Tulsa or in Denver?
CHECKPOINT 2 INFORMATION -
Saturday night, June 24, 2023, 8pm - 10 pm
Sheraton Denver Tech Center
7007 S. Clinton St
Greenwood, Village, Colorado

Penalty points accrue at 8:00:01pm
Scoring opens at 5pm

RALLY FINISH –
Friday, June 30, 10 am

Penalty points accrue at 8:00:01am Scoring opens at 5am

I think you're on to something. I was wondering why a few trackers stopped here in little-old Marysville at the White Castle. Looking at the scores for a few of the front-runners after Leg 1, White Castle is G5. It will be interesting to see the bingo listing once this is all wrapped up.

And if you've never had the pleasure of eating at White Castle, I am personally fond of their Gastro-Intestinal-Distress Special, but that's just me.

Or, as the saying goes, it's an acquired taste.
Are they specific restaurants? Or do you need to purchase a particular item?

There are White Castles in many states so why did they all seem to go to that one you mention?

There is this hint-

Kerri Miller, like many other riders, experienced the fullness of Southern hospitality at several of her bonus stops. It almost got her into trouble three times. paraphrasing…

Kerri: “I’d like a small soda, please.” Restaurant staff: “No charge, honey. You have a nice day.” Kerri: “Please, I need to pay and get a receipt!” Friendly staff, pulling an old receipt out of the trash: “Oh, of course! You can take this one.” 😱 NOOoooooo!!!

So some bonus locations require a receipt.

I think you're on to something. I was wondering why a few trackers stopped here in little-old Marysville at the White Castle. Looking at the scores for a few of the front-runners after Leg 1, White Castle is G5. It will be interesting to see the bingo listing once this is all wrapped up.

And if you've never had the pleasure of eating at White Castle, I am personally fond of their Gastro-Intestinal-Distress Special, but that's just me.

Or, as the saying goes, it's an acquired taste.
Bag-O-Burgers guy here.

Saw that Sportster ride'r Chris is broke down, unrideable bike near Baker California this morning. Hope he gets assistance quick as that's near Death Valley & really gonna heat up this weekend.

Lotta activity in Minnesota- Several on US212 which goes by the 20+ foot tall ear of corn, on Cedar Avenue in south Minneapolis (lotsa restaurants), and Snelling in St.Paul (state fair).
The State Fair is hosting Back To The 50’s hot rod festival all weekend. That may surprise some bonus hunters.

MSP metro was probably a traffic nightmare with that show, Taylor Swift, and Pride this weekend- Good to see almost all the riders out of Minnesota by now. There's been a bunch running down US 81, restaurant at the junction with US 18 serves "Chislic", a South Dakota "delicacy". Whole line of riders up and down US 81 all the way to I 80, more Boni there or just headed to I 80 and Denver?

I saw Chris Comly's FB post this morning. Photo he posted looks like the front sprocket in the primary case suffered catastrophic failure ventilating the primary case. Massive oil loss. I know Chris and that Sporty is in its 4th or 5th IBR and has about 350k miles on it. He actually just got it back on the road about a month ago following an unplanned get off. He's certainly gotten his moneys worth out of that poor bike. I suspect though that "Frankensportster" might just live again knowing him.

Chris just reported he's in a tow truck headed for Vegas. Good he's outta there as Baker is known for having one of the worlds. largest thermometers, by the hwy as it gets damn hot there!

Looks like good weather here in Colorado for the day- 80's and dry.

Last week we had golf ball sized hail and a tornado touched down a couple miles west of the rally hotel.

The Amarillo and Kearney ones appear to be moving and on the nail-biter for penalty points are not when you do divide the miles needed to get back by the number of hours left. The AZ one is one of those that one wonders if it's a battery gone out, not reporting for some other reason, or one we'll read about retiring tomorrow.