FJR's availabe close to Buffalo, NY or Erie, PA... at less than MSRP?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan23

Reaction score
First off, I'm new, but I've lurked for about six months. Nice board. Now, I've decided to buy an '06 FJR.

I've been able to find a few bikes, but the closest so far is about a 500 mile drive and the dealer is only talking coming down to $13,199 US dollars, plus $125 set up = $13,324 OTD (plus sales tax and registration in my state, of course).

I don't necessarily need the killer of low prices, but if I'm going to have to travel... savings would be nice.

My "local" dealer is getting one in that he's willing to sell me... but timewise it could be a ways off.

Isn't there a dealer in WV that sells for a decent price? I'd like to stay within a single day's drive/ride to buy... that's about 500 miles.

What are my options?

Thanks for any help.

Well, how desperate are you? You could use this dealer in Tennessee

clicky

About 800 miles from me in southwest NY, where are you?

If the dealer ordered this through his own name it won't be in until August.

The advantage of the PDP is that (some) dealers are willing to sell well below MSRP, I just picked up my '06 this weekend for 11,500 + tax from a dealer in PA. Without having a PDP I wouldn't expect much below MSRP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, how desperate are you? You could use this dealer in Tennesseeclicky

About 800 miles from me in southwest NY, where are you?

If the dealer ordered this through his own name it won't be in until August.

The advantage of the PDP is that (some) dealers are willing to sell well below MSRP, I just picked up my '06 this weekend for 11,500 + tax from a dealer in PA. Without having a PDP I wouldn't expect much below MSRP.
That sounds like a great price for PA. Where in PA did you pick that bike up from and do you have a buyers order?

When I clicked the link, I got Cycle Trader.
Yeah, there should be a dealer advertising there from tennessee.

That sounds like a great price for PA. Where in PA did you pick that bike up from and do you have a buyers order?
North American Warhorse, I actually purchased someone elses PDP (from this forum). I posted a writeup for the dealer in the dealers section.

I forgot one piece of advice on buying a new bike - keep watching e-bay. We buy these things basically blind, some folks end up not liking them and will be selling soon.

First off, I'm new, but I've lurked for about six months. Nice board. Now, I've decided to buy an '06 FJR.
I've been able to find a few bikes, but the closest so far is about a 500 mile drive and the dealer is only talking coming down to $13,199 US dollars, plus $125 set up = $13,324 OTD (plus sales tax and registration in my state, of course).

I don't necessarily need the killer of low prices, but if I'm going to have to travel... savings would be nice.

My "local" dealer is getting one in that he's willing to sell me... but timewise it could be a ways off.

Isn't there a dealer in WV that sells for a decent price? I'd like to stay within a single day's drive/ride to buy... that's about 500 miles.

What are my options?

Thanks for any help.
After getting the runaround from the dealer i had put the deposit down, i tracked down a dealer with the FJR1300A in stock in CA. Here's what he charged me.

Base Price 11578

Freight 675

Service 495

Tax 1055

license 148

CA TIRE Fee 3.50

DOC Fee 45

Y.E.S. 400

not including the warranty everything was 14k OTD including tax and license. There is another post somewhere that goes over what everyone paid for OTD pricing.

A bike is coming to a dealer near me to look at and buy if I want. Will likely arrive next week. A friend of mine is friends with the dealership owner and will help me on pricing. I doubt I'll buy YES... but am willing to consider opinions on that.

Bob Weaver Motorsports in the Buffalo Niagara Falls N.Y. area is getting an available 06 A in next week. Great dealership. Ask for Bob. 716-693-1500. They are also getting an available 06AE later in the year. www.weaverfever.com