• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

'08 FJR 1300 AE with fewer than 7000 miles in Tennessee

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Toro

Innocent Bystander
Reaction score
I picked up two FJR AEs last Fall. I bought the '08 at Cycle World in Gadsden, AL and there were some problems which have been described earlier on the FJR Forum. Eventually the '08 was sorted out through Cycle World's good efforts, and I've ridden it over the winter, and into the Spring.

I picked up the second one out of Wisconsin. It is an '09, and it has the Y.E.S. warranty, and lower miles.

I've been riding them both. Both are very nice. Both compare favorably to the other two FJR AEs that I've owned.

I have other motorcycles too.

So .... I don't need two FJR AEs, and I am not big on selling bikes directly to the public.

I sold the '08 to the local Yamaha dealer yesterday. Mid-State Motorsports in Cookeville, TN. The sales manager's name is Chris. Here's a link to their web site. https://www.midstatemotorsports.net

Why am I sharing this here?

Well, this is a very nice FJR AE. It has a few minor vertical scratches on the generator cover where the previous owner must have dropped it in a parking lot or garage. Otherwise, it is quite clean. The odometer is sitting on 6859 miles.

It has a good pair of Michelin Pilot Power tires installed, and they are very sticky and good fun. I don't know how long they'll last, but they're holding up well. I installed them last October.

It was completely serviced last October, and ended up with a new ECU as part of the repair that handled by Cycle World in Gadsden.

It does not stutter like some AEs. Cold or hot, this bike is ready to go and will not make you wonder about the YCCS feature's worth.

I know this dealer would like to turn the bike over quickly. I think that an offer of something on the order of $6,000 would probably do it. I am not getting any commission if it sells. It is not on consignment.

If you are looking for an AE model, this is a nice one. Very low mileage. Good tires. Recently serviced. And what I think would prove to be a low enough price to consider a fly and drive to Nashville, car rental at Enterprise to Cookeville, and a ride then home to whereever home is.

JSNS

Last edited by a moderator: