FJR's for Sale

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to increasing pain due to a pinched nerve in my neck, and then an operation 5 weeks ago that was supposed to solve that, my '06 has been sitting for over 2 months. Not being able to ride that FUNtastic FJR (or my 1200R) really suxx.

For sale? NOT my FJR, the bike is a radical improvement over the turkey roaster '03 FJR I had and for my likes is probably the best road bike I've had in 42 years of riding. DFO :)

I've spoken to two of the dealers and they are rock steady on getting list for the bikes. Both of them have had the bikes for I guess three months now. The third dealer has the AE model and I'm not interested in that. I do like the blue color allot and would probably add the two stripes to it like the European models have and I also love the desert metallic color the the European guys have. I wish Yamaha would give us Americans the same choices. This forum is awesome by the way, I have learned allot and have spent hours researching the FJR all over the net....CAN'T WAIT TO RIDE ONE!!!!
What state are you in ?

FLHX,

There is a new '06A at LI Cycle & Marine in Bayshore. I think you can get it for under $13k and no freight/prep.

John

Wow, that would be a good deal...I wasn't counting them as one of the three dealers...I'm gona call them RIGHT NOW!!!

Just called over there and spoke to a guy named Eli...he wouldnt give me a price over the phone so I'm gona run over there Monday. I'm looking at a used one with 2300mi and its got lots of extra stuff that I would do to mine when I get one and he is asking 11500..The bike looks brand spanking new and I wouldn't hav to do a thing to it si it might be a better deal unless LI Cycle gives me a great price

'06 AE in the showroom going on two months: Broward Motorsports...

Cycle Trader

talked to the guy on this one (has 60 miles). Told me they'd take 12K OTD.

They have an '05 sitting behind it (12000+/-). Said he'd take 9500 (w/Yam top box

and ABS.

2 (an A and AE) available at Ward's Yamaha (in Troy, AL) 334-566-3974

didn't ask the price -- but give Clark a call -- tell 'em Rick sent ya.

I'm going to call about the one in FL also. the only thing that makes me nervous about that one is that it's got 60 mi on it. That could mean they used it for a demo and every Tom Dick and Harry that got on it beat the crap out of it to see what it could do. I'll have to ask the salesman and see what he says. The one I'm leaning towards has almost 2000 mi on it and the guy wants to sell it cause it's to much for him. You guys have been a great help so far ...THANKS!!! The best news is my wife just told me that getting a second bike would be a GOOD IDEA!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FLHX' date=The best news is my wife just told me that getting a second bike would be a GOOD IDEA!!

Sounds too good to be true. I'd check with your insurance agent to see if any new life insurance policies have been taken out lately. :eek:

The best news is my wife just told me that getting a second bike would be a GOOD IDEA!!
:blink: Is that normal behavior for her?

I think I'd have to rush my wife to the hospital if she uttered those words, either that or I'd know that there was something big was in the works.

The learn that stuff in woman school. You should definatley be skeptical.

Hey Harley guy (FLHX?! ;) )

no, not a demo. The dealership that has it is fond'a Honda.

(Rick Case-biggest Honda (everything) dealer in So. Fl)

My guess is someone rode it, and then traded it in for a Wing!

Good luck...

Yes I have a HD and love it but I had a few Jap naked bikes when I was younger and just have a love for motorcycles. I have a Honda 750 that I play around with sometimes but my son kinda swiped that ...To me the FJR is the one bike that I would love to own and ride. I met a guy up on Bear Mtn NY today with an 06 FJR who also owns a HD and he said they are so different from each other that he still rides his HD often. My wife , on the other hand, who loves to ride with me swore she will never get on my Yami if I get it but did give me her blessings..LOL

Hey, thanks to JohnB I went to LI Cycle & Marine to day and 30min later I owned my first FJR!!!!

After a little back and fourth I wound up paying 12,500 freight and prep incl...Just have to add the ugly tax. Should have it for Friday,

Thanks for the info John.

FLHX , your wife sounds a lot like mine. I'm riding a pumped 95" FXDWG3 and was looking at FLHX's originally , but then decided to check out the FJR as a good friend has one , and I've talked to a number of folks up at Deals Gap with them . She told me no way she would ride on the FJR, get the Street Glide and put the 103" in it.

She has her own bike (05 XL1200C) but only does day rids of 150 miles . I used to ride sport bikes in my 20's and 30's . Waiting on the 07 FJR to come out before I make the choice...I think it is a great compliment to a HD