Flag voids warranty on Harley

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALDAWG

Reaction score
For you parade fans. Can't make this stuff up.
uhoh.gif

If I were a Victory Executive I'd start selling bikes with American flags on them.

And how is a flag's wind resistance more than a trailers?

So, 400lb guys and their 300lb girlfriends can ride into the wind and that's ok, but a few flags will cause the tranny and clutch to take a dump? Maybe if he had used "Harley approved" flag holders.

Douche bags!!

I especially like the part where the gal from Harley says "it wasn't a Harley compliant product" "when you use non-compliant products it does effect your warranty"

Doesn't that fall under the "Magnuson Moss" act??

Losers!

FWIW; Harley does not offer trailers, trailer hitches, or trailer wiring connectors. They specifically tell owners in the manual that they're not approved for that and that it can affect your warranty.

FWIW; Harley does not offer trailers, trailer hitches, or trailer wiring connectors. They specifically tell owners in the manual that they're not approved for that and that it can affect your warranty.
That's the point I think. We're told clearly and up front things like "13 lbs in the trunk" and "no trunk and pannier usage together', etc. and then feel like we have a right to get pissed off when we ignore the instructions and damage the bike and don't get our way.

7 flags? Who the hell needs 7 flags on the back of a bike at 70 or 80 mph down the highway? I mean c'mon dude, have some common frikkin sense, take some responsibility for your choices, and suck it up. You could have rolled them up when slabbing it and unfurled them when leisurely cruising. You fucked it up so now you have to pay. Just like us, you can get away with it for a while, maybe forever, but sooner or later it jumps up and bites someone in the ass and all of a sudden there's a gang of hand-wringing, teeth-gnashing, over-wrought pussies pointing fingers and whining about how "they won't fix my fuck up for free. Woe is me, woe is me". Tough shit, that's life.

That's because Harley trailers look like this:

1313165808-picture.jpg

carsoncargo4.jpg

However, there is a Harley Davidson trailer option from the factory:

harleytrailer_zps17ece939.jpg

Note that even this doesn't fly flags.

Last edited by a moderator:
You would have to have a pathological love (lust?) for all things Harley to get anything out of the monstrosity in that last photo. Why does such a thing even exist? I assume it's driven by more than one (or two) HD V-twins? If not, I doubt it could even get out of its own way. Clutch and tranny lifetime would be measured in hours (and not many).

I have a slghtly different insight into the world of Harley Davidson. I work part time for a dealership. On the plus side, that's how I came to own my FJR when someone traded it in. I get a healthy employee discount, which keeps tires on my FJR, Buell, and wife's HD.

On the negative side, I could fill volumes here of people's rants about denied warranties after they obviously did stupid things to reasonably well built motorcycles. I actually took a phone call once from a new HD owner asking me if it was okay to wash their bike! They seriously asked if they could use water! Thank God back then I had more self control because now my head would probably explode when I refrain from calling it like it is!

7 flags? Who the hell needs 7 flags on the back of a bike at 70 or 80 mph down the highway?
I think you are optimistic about the highway speeds of an HD powered motorcycle, even with zero flags.
biggrin.png

mean c'mon dude, have some common frikkin sense, take some responsibility for your choices, and suck it up. You could have rolled them up when slabbing it and unfurled them when leisurely cruising.
This brings up an interesting point. Who says he didn't roll them up for his "High Speed" runs. Maybe the flag holders are only used for parades he participates in? Sure that's untrue, but how does HD know?

I'm normally pretty quick to jump on the Harley bashing band wagon but I think he absolutely brought it upon himself and needs to pay for his "I'm more patriotic than you because my flags are bigger and I have more of them' mentality.

Harley compliant products huh? That's why all the gear they wear has a Harley emblem on it. right down to the little leather cigarette holder on their Harley belts. I swear, up in Madrid where the movie "Wild Hogs" was filmed, on any given weekend, it looks like a freakin costume party, and don;t get me started on the "rolling roadblock" riding formations. Ahh good times maties!
bleh.gif

I'm normally pretty quick to jump on the Harley bashing band wagon
This article is a harley bashers wet dream. You can either bash HD, or the HD rider. Win/win!!!

As for the rolling roadblocks...I actually had some good luck last time I was in Colorado. Had a couple of groups wave me around. Nice guys to chat with at the gas station too. Their bikes still suck though.
biggrin.png