Flooded my FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McRuss

Reaction score
Literally! A week ago thurs, I rode home from work 25 miles in 4 hours, roads closed due to flooding everywhere I turned. Finally water subsided somewhat and I was able to ride home by dodging trees and debris. Almost hit a frog as he was crossing the road headed to higher ground! I simply shut the bike off and drug my wet self into the house, left the next morning for a weeks vacation in a dryer state. This morning I went to fire up the Feejer for the commute to work and it would not start. I did a search and found the "wide open throttle, short bursts of starter" and sure enough, it finally fired. Wonder what got wet? I left the bike on the side stand and the fuel gauge was flashing but adding fuel didn't fix the problem. Any idea what happened and how to prevent it ? (I ride in floods more often than I'd like to!)

Last edited by a moderator:
First thing I'd do is pull out the air filter and try to start it. I've had air filters clog up from getting wet.