Floorboard builders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pierre

Reaction score
I am interested in buying the floorboard set, like the one Woody did.

Floorboard1.jpg

But I would prefer to have the FJR lettering on it went it is closed.

Any other interested person please put your name down this way maybe Skyway, Garaud or someone else will be interested if they see that there is request for it.

If price is ok, for sure.

1- Pierre

Floorboard1.jpg

Any other interested person please put your name down this way maybe Skyway, Garaud or someone else will be interested if they see that there is request for it.

1- Pierre
I have another idea for you, that would be a lot less cost/work to get this done. Why don't you just send me the kits shown, and I will machine whatever you want in the bottom. I would probably take the minimum amount off the bottom to remove the scallops that are already in there, in the form of a shallow recessed pocket, and then engrave whatever you want. This will be a far cheaper route than my R&D time to measure, cut, fit etc.

But, before any of this can transpire, I am also working on several other farkles, including 3 different wing kits for MNFJR, and then maybe, just a maybe at this point, a slick, all aluminum plug and play fuel cell kit for all model year FJR's, at a considerable price reduction over current offerings. Please don't start PM'ing/emailing me about these items, as they will not be answered. :D Any/All info will be posted in due course.

Floorboard1.jpg

1- Pierre
I have another idea for you, that would be a lot less cost/work to get this done. Why don't you just send me the kits shown, and I will machine whatever you want in the bottom. I would probably take the minimum amount off the bottom to remove the scallops that are already in there, in the form of a shallow recessed pocket, and then engrave whatever you want. This will be a far cheaper route than my R&D time to measure, cut, fit etc.

But, before any of this can transpire, I am also working on several other farkles, including 3 different wing kits for MNFJR, and then maybe, just a maybe at this point, a slick, all aluminum plug and play fuel cell kit for all model year FJR's, at a considerable price reduction over current offerings. Please don't start PM'ing/emailing me about these items, as they will not be answered. :D Any/All info will be posted in due course.
Actually it is Wally that machine the adaptor between the FJR and the actual floorboad, it does not exist.

Perhaps I'm being overly cautious about the whole thing. I think I would really enjoy making something that my brothers and sisters in the wind would like. For the lawyers and business folks out there is there any way for me to make these things but at the same time be safe from any liability but NOT becoming a LLC???

I have not made any drawings and honestly if I'm not going to manufacture the floorboards and mounts I'm not inclined to spend time on a design. The reality is that even if I do manufacture them the only geometry I'll draw in my CAD system is what is required to generate the programs for my mill.

Anyone want a license plate frame??? Pic not as nice as real thing plus it hasn't been powder coated yet.

LPF-FJR.jpg

-ethan

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps I'm being overly cautious about the whole thing. I think I would really enjoy making something that my brothers and sisters in the wind would like. For the lawyers and business folks out there is there any way for me to make these things but at the same time be safe from any liability but NOT becoming a LLC???
I have not made any drawings and honestly if I'm not going to manufacture the floorboards and mounts I'm not inclined to spend time on a design. The reality is that even if I do manufacture them the only geometry I'll draw in my CAD system is what is required to generate the programs for my mill.

Anyone want a license plate frame??? Pic not as nice as real thing plus it hasn't been powder coated yet.

LPF-FJR.jpg

-ethan

Please include me in for one!

Aeroman