Fontana AMA Pro Racing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaceDr

Reaction score
I need volunteers to work with me in the hot pits on Friday, March 20, 2009. I am running the new for 2009, Dunlop spec tire program for AMA Pro Racing. We need to meet in the tech garage at 700am on Friday morning and we work until 300pm. Workers will receive a 3 day pass for themselves, a shirt and lunch. They will also be given two (2) additional tickets to the races to give out. If you are interested please contact me through this site. I need 10 to 12 workers on Friday.

Thank you,

Randy Stem

Having done corner stations at Barber, both for AMA and for GrandAm, I will point out to anybody considering it that this is a way cool way to get really "right-there" in what's going on. You get a point of view that's not otherwise possible, and you see things nobody else gets to see, even though you're busy as you can be (except for the times when there's absolutely nothing to do but be on-station and available.)

Fontana's a bit of a hike for me, but anybody closer would do well to consider doing something like this a few times. Good people in the needed places helps everything run smoother.

Getting the pass for the rest of the weekend is pretty good pay, too!

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI - Randy sent me the following E-mail.

Hey guys, this was just received this morning, and will you please pass this on to the other folks working, when you pick up your two free credentials we promised you, you MUST provide names of who they are being given to. NO credential will be given out unassigned to a person. This is for clerical purposes. Thanks everyone. See you this weekend. Randy

More from Randy on the two extra tickets.

This just in from Becki - Randy

Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 12:20 PM

Subject: Re: Tire volunteers

Thanks. Please make sure they understand that we will not be giving the extra two credentials t them. We will take the two names and prepare a will call card for those people to come to registration and cla their credentials. Everyone must show a photo I'd and sign the proper release forms to cla a credential.

I need volunteers to work with me in the hot pits on Friday, March 20, 2009. I am running the new for 2009, Dunlop spec tire program for AMA Pro Racing. We need to meet in the tech garage at 700am on Friday morning and we work until 300pm. Workers will receive a 3 day pass for themselves, a shirt and lunch. They will also be given two (2) additional tickets to the races to give out. If you are interested please contact me through this site. I need 10 to 12 workers on Friday.
Thank you,

Randy Stem
I can be available if you still need another body...

Thank you,

Randy Stem
Jeff - I sugest you call Randy, I don't think he comes back to the forum much, he's pretty busy.

Good luck! Hope to see you there.

Thank you,

Randy Stem
Jeff - I sugest you call Randy, I don't think he comes back to the forum much, he's pretty busy.

I read through the tread once more but didn't find a contact info for Randy. I'll PM him, maybe.

Thank you,

Randy Stem

I read through the tread once more but didn't find a contact info for Randy. I'll PM him, maybe.
I haven't heard from Randy. If somebody can give me details as to the meeting place, I might just show up and go home if not needed.

im leaving my house at 545.will go down heacock to the 60,i will look for you at the shell station on the north side of the freeway.