Forum member down

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponyfool

Reaction score
I just found out that buried in the news of the 26 bike crash of Brother Speed on Friday afternoon, the Washington County (Oregon) sheriff's office reports that 59-year-old Frederick E. Erhardt died in a single motorcycle crash at about 1:40 p.m. on Northwest Laidlaw near the intersection of Marcotte Road.

He was on the forum as FredE. He wasn't a regular visitor here, but he is local and was on the FZ1 forum as well.

Just thought I'd share for any of you that may have known him. As I find out more details, I'll let you know. If anyone else has details, please post them.

I just found out that buried in the news of the 26 bike crash of Brother Speed on Friday afternoon, the Washington County (Oregon) sheriff's office reports that 59-year-old Frederick E. Erhardt died in a single motorcycle crash at about 1:40 p.m. on Northwest Laidlaw near the intersection of Marcotte Road.
He was on the forum as FredE. He wasn't a regular visitor here, but he is local and was on the FZ1 forum as well.

Just thought I'd share for any of you that may have known him. As I find out more details, I'll let you know. If anyone else has details, please post them.

Thanks for posting this; I didn't know him personally, but this one really hit home for me since it happened so close to my daily commute route. Condolences to his family!

Also, Catavino Villareal died this last weekend riding late at night down Highway 30 at Burlington Drive (just south of Cornelius Pass), less then half a mile from my house. I don't know what bike he rode, but he was the father of a first grader and classmate of my daughters at Skyline Elementary. May he rest in peace as well. My thoughts and prayers are with his wife and his two kids!

Combine that with the Brother Speed club pileup in Wilsonville, and that surely spelled a bad mc weekend in the greater Portland Area.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that certainly blows.

:rip_1: :bye2:

Strange coincidence - I was just wondering, last night, how Ponyfool was doing, as I hadn't noticed him posting lately. And then this. Are there any more details available about the accident?

Shit! This has got to quit! I went to south Georgia on Monday to attend the funeral of a friend who just died of complications from a motorcycle accident(bike/dear) nearly 2 years ago. My prayers to surviving families and friends! It's just got to stop!

Very sad,

makes you wonder how safe it is for most of us. We all have this possibility but keep your chins up and realize there are many bikes/riders out there and the vast majority survive to a ripe old age.

Be hyper-aware and stay safe out there.

This is terrible news. I met Fred and his wife Glenda at WFO-4 in Skagit and had dinner with them both nights. Fred was Mr. Motorcycle and he and Glenda had 10-11 bikes in the garage...good stuff and usually on the sporty side. We traded emails on a semi-regular basis and were planning to take a trip together after he retired from the Post Office.

RIP Fred.

Geez, Rest in Peace Fred and all mentioned in this thread including family and friends

reminder again to all and me, let's ride safe and be CAREFUL out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

<sigh>

Didn't know Fred E, but sad news nonetheless. :(

makes you wonder how safe it is for most of us.
I'm not wondering. I know: It's not safe. But I choose to participate anyway.

We all have this possibility but keep your chins up and realize there are many bikes/riders out there and the vast majority survive to a ripe old age.
I'm not counting on it, really.

We just need to remember to get out there and live the one life we get like there ain't no tomorrow.