• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FOUND - FJR Bike Cover

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tour King is exiting the motorcycle-cover business. From their website:

Please Note:​

After 25 years, Tour King products will no longer be produced. We still have products in inventory and will continue to sell these items until they are sold out. We will try to keep the website updated for current availability.​

This is unfortunate. I have one of their half-covers and can attest to their quality.

I noticed Revzilla has a sale on an FJR1300 cover: Yamaha Premium Travel Cover. Normally $150, reduced to $135.
It's described as a "Travel Cover", so I don't know if it's the original Yamaha winter cover. I have a winter cover and due to it's bulky & heavy folded size, I wouldn't call it a "Travel Cover".

Dowco Guardian Weatherall+ XL has given me yrs of good service. And when the first one failed, (5+yrs of yr round outdoor storage) Dowco was easy to deal with when I asked for a warranty replacement sent to Canada.I think I pd $10 for shipping.

I dont leave my top case on the bike, so XL was the right size for me, the cover is available in XXL and XXXL sizes.

It is a heavy duty piece, and kind of a pain to store. I hang it over two chairs when I need to let it dry out.

The only feature you mention is water resistant, and since you are only talking about summer storage, you might consider a half cover like this - https://eztouring.com/product/the-traveler-motorcycle-cover/.

Much easier to store.

My experience with N-R covers wasnt positive. The cover marked the paint where ever there was contact. YMMV.

-Steve
From another thread; recommend the Dowco cover for outside all year service.
Not the least expensive, nor the easiest to store. I use a big mesh laundry sack for storage.

Not the least expensive, nor the easiest to store. I use a big mesh laundry sack for storage.
+1 on the Dowco. No garage for me except during the severe winter months I'm able to store away at my brother in law's but the rest of the year it's out in the weather. :confused:

Usage tip -
I place a rake/broom handle between the handlebars and the top of the rear rack. This tents the cover over the seat, keeps the seat from getting wet.
-Steve