Found these stored under the seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YummYam

Reaction score
Took the side bags off today in preparation for impending top case arrival and fitted the plastic blanking plates which were in a bag under the seat.

Also in the bag are two black rubber pads about 3/4 inch square and 3/8 inch thick with one face of each being convex.

Any ideas what they are for or where they might fit anybody?

Without pictures, they sound like the rubber bumpers that go underneath the bags. Do you have black rubber bumpers down by the bottom hinges? Are these little rectangles with sorta rounded off tops?

Without pictures, they sound like the rubber bumpers that go underneath the bags. Do you have black rubber bumpers down by the bottom hinges? Are these little rectangles with sorta rounded off tops?
Yep, the very same.Went and took a look under the bags,no bumpers under left hand, right hand has two.

Guess they came off somehow and PO decided to store them with the cover plates. Good man.

Thanks for solving the mystery.

My thoughts exactly Scott... But I think AJ's a bit young for that one
Too young for "rubber baby buggy bumpers?" I actually had that in my head the entire time I spent reading and responding to the OP. I'm younger than you, but some dirt is younger than you. :fuck:
But think about poor Beemerdons....he's older than the dirt he slips in!

Huron52 before FJR?

370998-dudley_nbsp_doright.jpg