freeze ride in Ohio

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was definitely a win-win! There is never a dull moment when riding with FJRFarrier!!

So we have two winners then. Bravo!! Nothing like a December ride.
And this is probably the response she wanted to post...

12421372_10153303302277844_2005179415_n_zpstpfjnjuf.jpg

Excellent ride report - glad to see some of the northern peeps still twisting the wrist.

If I lived in those parts, Pants would definitely need heated pants. And a heated seat. And heated gloves. And.......

Hahaha!!!!

And I am slightly disappointed in Wayne. The whole time we stood there at Mad River Mtn and watched the snow.... never once did he say "Ya know, it would be really cool to get a picture of an FJR right there on the snow."

Good for me, though.... because I probably would have taken the bait. Again.

The thought crossed my mind, but it would have been too easy...

Hahaha!!!! And I am slightly disappointed in Wayne. The whole time we stood there at Mad River Mtn and watched the snow.... never once did he say "Ya know, it would be really cool to get a picture of an FJR right there on the snow." Good for me, though.... because I probably would have taken the bait. Again.

I've been reading and hearing about this good riding in Ohio stuff for a while. I'm seriously thinking about touring there in 2016. Obviously that would be a Summer tour - no anti-freeze in Pants blood.

Julie - would you mind posting your route?

Last edited by a moderator:
Y'all do realize that when you were at Mad River, you were maybe 10 minutes from the house, right?
yeah, we passed right by your exit while on 33. It was Wayne's job to contact you.....
But he is also known to email restaurants to question them on their holiday hours. Instead of, ya know, picking up the phone and calling them. So.... blame the marine? Lol

I've been reading and hearing about this good riding in Ohio stuff for a while. I'm seriously thinking about touring there in 2016. Obviously that would be a Summer tour - no anti-freeze in Pants blood.Julie - would you mind posting your route?
The route we did on Saturday was nothing special. Except for the Iron Pony stop. That makes this area worthy of a ride.
I consider Ohio to have a little of almost everything. Big cities, unique tiny towns, corn fields, hills, and lakes. And a super amazing amusement park. Ohio can make for a nice getaway. Spring, summer, or fall are all nice up here. There are perks to be had for any time you come.

And Ohio borders some other nice states- all dependent on what you would like to enjoy the most.

As long as we're posting up about freezing rides in Ohio on December 19th, I just happened to be out that day! Here's a few pics (not hijacking, I just don't think my little ride merits its own thread, and it does jibe with your thread title!)

Nice sunny day at my house:

Temp reading taking the FJR out of the garage:

It read 32-33* the whole way.

Stopped at Mohican State Park Lodge to make some reservations for a future date. I usually do this on the internet, but I needed an excuse to ride!

Then I went over to the Pleasant Hill Dam:

Then back home. State Route 95 was paved this summer and has a nice mix of curves, hills, and straights. Fun ride!

And now we return you to your regularly scheduled programming.....

If you pick a date, let us know - I should be able to make at least a day trip if not more.

I think the only roads that Julie knows in Ohio are I-75, I-70, and I-270. :)

wr

I've been reading and hearing about this good riding in Ohio stuff for a while. I'm seriously thinking about touring there in 2016. Obviously that would be a Summer tour - no anti-freeze in Pants blood.

Julie - would you mind posting your route?

We were less than ten minutes away. If there would have been snow, you would see which plants I watered when I stopped...

Y'all do realize that when you were at Mad River, you were maybe 10 minutes from the house, right?

Wayne, you forgot about Julie's run up 77 to Cambridge, and back to Mineral Wells this past Spring...guess you've turned into quite the slab rider lately yourself.

Last edited by a moderator: