• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: Aerostich Roadcrafter One-Piece Suit, Size 40 Regular

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice Rumble

Reaction score
This is the original, classic design for everyday, any-distance commuting and touring. The one piece Roadcrafter has been worn on every continent, in every type of weather to nearly every place you can get to on a motorcycle. Loose enough to slip on easily over your street clothes, it’s tailored to minimize wind flutter and drag at higher speeds yet it’s light and compact enough to pack away or carry to the office, blue with black ballistics, size 40 regular, back pad, hip pads, original owner, no rips, tears or scuffs, fortunately never had to test out the ballistics. The one piece Roadcrafter is all about attention to detail, real-world riding needs and meticulous craftsmanship. 500 Denier Cordura® GORE-TEX® outer fabric. Replacement value would be $997.00. Will sell for $499.00 shipped, CONUS only. Have PayPal non-commercial account which means no credit cards. Direct fund transfers only. Will ship USPS with tracking. Date of manufacture 5-18-98.

1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the inseam?

How many seasons has it been worn?

I bought it off the rack as a 40 regular. According to the Rider Warehouse sizing chart:

Chest 40in

Height 5'9"

Weight 140-180lbs

Waist 34in

Inseam 31in

I'd have to dig up my paperwork.

Found the date of manufacture. It's 5-18-98.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that size is in my wheelhouse now.

I guess I just have to decide whether...

• the suit will last,
  • whether I will get hit in the head with a frying pan for buying yet another piece of gear (usually not as sturdy as I want it),
  • I want to ride with a 'Stich on...I usually don't. (sorry, inside joke)

Hmm.. right in my size range too...

I'm such a gear whore. I've been eye-balling Klim Latitude set. $$$$ though.

As an FYI, I bought a used RoadCrafter last fall and had the new waterproof zippers installed by AeroStitch for $99.Took only a couple of weeks turn around time to get back. It looked like they also updated all the velcro attachments for free. Worth looking at for the future buyer.

• the suit will last,
You're kidding, right? This is a 'Stitch. fer Cristsakes!

Here's mine. I'm on the right in the picture. Eric's suit is almost new. My suit in the picture is 16 years old and more that 160,000 miles in everything from 19F to 118 F with torrential rain, snow, and hail thrown in, just for fun. Plus four years of commuting in London wintertime salt. I've replaced the zippers once, the armour once (my mistake, I washed it with it in), and most of the Velcro once. It wears like iron and will protect you in a crash (DAMHIK). The longest lasting, single piece of clothing in my closet that I wear on a daily basis

P9260010rev01.jpg

Just get it, you'll never regret it

As an FYI, I bought a used RoadCrafter last fall and had the new waterproof zippers installed by AeroStitch for $99.Took only a couple of weeks turn around time to get back. It looked like they also updated all the velcro attachments for free. Worth looking at for the future buyer.
What's the scoop on this waterproof zipper stuff? How long has it been available and does it work? Dry crotch????

What's the scoop on this waterproof zipper stuff? How long has it been available and does it work? Dry crotch????
I did not have the suit with original zipper long enough to test out the wet/dry crotch. I have ridden in the rain with the new zipper without any moisture issues. Zipper info from AeroStich'es website:

NEW FOR 2011

WATERPROOF MAIN AND LEG ENTRY ZIPPERS

Highly Water Repellent Molded Teeth

90% More Water Resistant than Original Zippers

Locking Sliders • Sealed Zipper Tape

• the suit will last,

Here's mine. I'm on the right in the picture. Eric's suit is almost new. My suit in the picture is 16 years old and more that 160,000 miles in everything from 19F to 118 F with torrential rain, snow, and hail thrown in, just for fun. Plus four years of commuting in London wintertime salt. I've replaced the zippers once, the armour once (my mistake, I washed it with it in), and most of the Velcro once. It wears like iron and will protect you in a crash (DAMHIK). The longest lasting, single piece of clothing in my closet that I wear on a daily basis

P9260010rev01.jpg

Geeez! and I thought my tour master suit was getting old. Daily use to and fro to work plus long distance rides with currently 46K miles. It isn't quite as dirty as yours but I am getting there. :lol:

Dave

• the suit will last,

Dry Crotch? Let's leave our personal problems out of this. (Try some K-Y)

• the suit will last,

Dry Crotch? Let's leave our personal problems out of this. (Try some K-Y)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

One hell of a deal for someone! :thumbsup:

I've had mine since 2005 and have put probably close to 100k miles on it...a VERY solid piece of clothing. I'm actually thinking about sending mine in to Aerostich next week to get the waterproof zippers installed, velcro refreshed, and perhaps....side gussets. ;)