Fuel fill up question ...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Center stand.

I want to have all 6.6 Gals available that were advertised for the bike...cuz, you never know...I occasionally do a quick eye check of the oil level at the same time.

I've always done it this way, and the FJR is flipping easy to get on the center stand.

Center stand.I want to have all 6.6 Gals available that were advertised for the bike...cuz, you never know...I occasionally do a quick eye check of the oil level at the same time.

I've always done it this way, and the Gen 3 FJR is flipping easy to get on the center stand.
Fixed it for you :) .

Center stand.

I want to have all 6.6 Gals available that were advertised for the bike...cuz, you never know...I occasionally do a quick eye check of the oil level at the same time.

I've always done it this way, and the Gen 3 FJR is flipping easy to get on the center stand.
Fixed it for you
smile.png
True, but I did it with my Gen 1 as well. Maybe I just have the strength of 12 men...doesn't seem like a big deal.

But after seeing all these sidestand responses, maybe I'll just live on the wild side, fill it up on the sidestand and let it all hang out. I mean really, what could go wrong?

Well, currently with my FJR I fall into the camp of:

Pull up with gas pump on the left side, bike on sidestand, dismount and fill up.

Back in the Arab oil embargo of the early seventies with 3 hour gas lines (and only odd/even days based on license plate number) I took an entirely different approach:

It involved a hose, a metal gallon gas can and my dad's car parked unattended in the garage...... Can't remember which side I poured the gas into my bike from.... It was only a Honda Trail 70 so didn't take much, almost went undetected
rolleyes.gif

Still can't believe I was able to license and register that little bike to ride legally on the streets!!

I suppose it's fair to state that we haven't solved the mystery of the best fill up method just yet. I have every faith we will eventually get there.

In the interim, we might take comfort from knowing this undeniable fact....

This thread belongs in NEPRT

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh ye with small imaginations, may the world's beauty one day be revealed to you in all its mysterious magnificence.
smile.png

And I'm gonna try to fuel while sitting on the bike. Hope I don't drop it.

I'm not saying I recommend it (or against it), but it's easy to do once you get used to how far/close you want to be to the pump. I'm pleased to say that I have melded with my current machine enough that I am back to being able to burn a tank and not be ready to stop for any reason but fuel. 2 minutes and I'm back in motion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really agree with that.
When I fill up the tank in the morning, the weekly constraints mean that I do not have time to decendre motorcycle. So I'm used to do by staying on. And as it is a habit, I stay on the bike even when I'm not in a hurry, or I'm duo on the bike. I just pull of of the lateral stand by security

Just got home from a nice 200 mile ride on my "new" bike, was pleasantly surprised to see this topic still alive. I so look forward to a smile or two with my late afternoon libation! Oh, and I get off the bike and fill it up on the left side. Thought you might want to know.

Center stand.I want to have all 6.6 Gals available that were advertised for the bike...cuz, you never know...I occasionally do a quick eye check of the oil level at the same time.I've always done it this way, and the Gen 3 FJR is flipping easy to get on the center stand.
Fixed it for you :) .
True, but I did it with my Gen 1 as well. Maybe I just have the strength of 12 men...doesn't seem like a big deal.But after seeing all these sidestand responses, maybe I'll just live on the wild side, fill it up on the sidestand and let it all hang out. I mean really, what could go wrong?
Yer tires could go flat. :rofl: