Fuel Tank Ding - PDR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastSpy

Reaction score
My father (80 years old) tried to move my motorcycle in the garage while I was on vacation and it ended up with a ding in the fuel tank.. plus some scratches on the side case.

I'm wondering if anyone has attempted paint less dent repair on a fuel tank to remove what looks like a door ding?

IMG_0061_zpsf8f64555.jpg

Looks like it has a crease at the bottom of the dent from the picture. If so even if a good PDR guy can get at it from behind it will always be visible. Not to say it wont be smaller.

Seeing you are in local to me.

give Warren a call, https://www.thedentguymn.com/dent_guy_003.htm . He has known my next door neighbor(Wayne, Clear Choice Auto Glass) for decades. He has done some killer work on a deer hit for me on a Subaru that others quoted at about 4 times the price or even refused to do and also a extremely hard door hit that others refused to touch both repairs you would have to know they were there to be able to find them unless you were in body shop lighting. Since he has been my go to PDR person. He works out of his home shop a couple times a week, if you can go to him there he has some favorable rates.

He isn't a miracle worker, just extremely good at what he does and honest about what to expect for results. Honest enough where I don't ask for prices any more, I just have him do it.

Thanks for the reply and contact.

I'm not sure if the dent does have a crease or not.. will have to inspect a bit more closely.

I wasn't sure if the tank was double walled in that particular area and if PDR (Paint less Dent Repair) would be a suitable

avenue to pop the ding out.

Even if there isn't a in tank access route, there is also the option of a "glue pull" where a disc/tab is glued down over the dent and a lever, small slide hammer, puller yanks on the tab pulling the sheetmetal outward.

I would say it would be worth getting it to him to look at.

IIRC the FJR tank is single wall.

Latest posts