Fun little story to share

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cruppelt

Will always be FJR rider at heart
Reaction score
So I had a family get together yesterday on the other side of town (Southeast towards Gresham) at a sister in laws house, and wife and kids went earlier while I finished up a house project. So of course I rode my Feejer over instead of taking the other car.

The 16 year old boyfriend of one of our nieces was there, very proud of his Ninja 250 which was parked prominently in front of the house when I got there (A really good looking bike in bright red). He knew I'm a rider, so he followed me like a puppy the whole afternoon, kept talking about horse power (I didn't have the heart to explain that horsepower does not equal acceleration), what bikes he would like to have... And then also about his own riding adventures and antics (like going way higher then the speed limit and reckless passing) - what a BAD MOVE with his girlfriends mom around in hearing range!!! :dribble: :dribble: :dribble: I had a little advice to give him at a later point about what you should keep for talking when you're with your buddies. (Was I ever that young and dumb? Oh yeah... I think so but I better not try to remember back too much....LOL B) )

And of course his dad's Ducati ST-3 is the best possible bike anyone could own and therefore the measure of EVERY other bike out there... :rolleyes: He had asked me a few months back what I ride, but he must have thought FJR stood for a cruiser. When it came time for all of us to leave the party it was pretty late, and we all walked out at the same time. He saw my Feejer standing there in early twilight in all it's glory. Dang, it looked brand new in that low light!

After all the non-stop blabbering the whole afternoon the bike finally made him completely speechless. He just stared and stared and finally said wow, it's just so beautiful.

Made me feel pretty good about owning the bike, and also made me like him a lot more!!! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta love youthful enthusiasm!

Almost as much as owning an FJR when most others don't know what it is..... :yahoo:

Hopefully you planted some seeds of wisdom that will take root.

Made me feel pretty good about owning the bike, and also made me like him a lot more!!! :lol:

Good to have things in common. Hope he learns about lose lips.

Regards

Surly

:ph34r:

Upright not Uptight

Last edited by a moderator:
Course the next time you see him again he will be following you around humping your leg and thinking you are best buds.
I don't think it could get much worse - of course I always say that before it get's a hole lot worse .... LOL.

Course the next time you see him again he will be following you around humping your leg and thinking you are best buds.
Just like most of us did when we were little shit's around our biker hero's. Unless you got started late

I love it when people blurt out in amazement: "Wow, is that a BMW?"

"Nope, it's an FJR."

"Oh." :blink:

I love it when people blurt out in amazement: "Wow, is that a BMW?"
"Nope, it's an FJR."

"Oh." :blink:
I usually hear something like "nice Beemer", and not usually wanting to strike up a long conversation all I say to that nowadays is "Thanks!". B)

That pretty funny. My nephew had just turned 16 and went out and bought a used R6, he came by the office and was showing to my brother, I asked him if I could take it for a ride, he looked at with big eyes and said " You? Your old!" and that was that. He had seen my 91 ST1100 before but hadn't laid eyes on my 07 FJR Black Cherry. I rode over to thier house one day later on for a little get together, and he spots my bike in the drive way and comes running around to the pool area asking his Dad " Whose Bitchin scooter was in the drive way, he wanted to take it for a little ride" My Bro says nothing and just looks my direction with a little smile, the kid spins around and sees it's me, and the look on his face was priceless, then a little frown comes over his face and he just sulks away into the shadows knowing he'll Never throw a leg over my FJR. What gos around, comes around! :clapping: :clapping:

That pretty funny. My nephew had just turned 16 and went out and bought a used R6, he came by the office and was showing to my brother, I asked him if I could take it for a ride, he looked at with big eyes and said " You? Your old!" and that was that. He had seen my 91 ST1100 before but hadn't laid eyes on my 07 FJR Black Cherry. I rode over to thier house one day later on for a little get together, and he spots my bike in the drive way and comes running around to the pool area asking his Dad " Whose Bitchin scooter was in the drive way, he wanted to take it for a little ride" My Bro says nothing and just looks my direction with a little smile, the kid spins around and sees it's me, and the look on his face was priceless, then a little frown comes over his face and he just sulks away into the shadows knowing he'll Never throw a leg over my FJR. What gos around, comes around! :clapping: :clapping:
I have to agree, the FJR sure is "one bitchin scooter "....look out Burgman owners!