Further details on Fast Idle system

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One will also see similar deposits on short tripped motors, motors with infrequent oil changes, and on motors operated in high humidity. Combine the three, trouble. Franks intake tract, spotless, at 56k. No PAIR for at least 30k, frequent oil changes, NEVER short tripped. Rarely operated in high humidity (coastal and/or rain) conditions. Like many mysteries on this bike, probably no single factor involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
One will also see similar deposits on short tripped motors
Average "short trip" ~40 mile one-way daily commute. That ain't it.

motors with infrequent oil changes
Every 3-4K miles with Rotella synthetic. Nope, that ain't it either.

and on motors operated in high humidity
Ummmmm.....Florida? :) It ain't the jungles of Costa Rica, but it's pretty damn humid year-round. Plus, rain doesn't put him in the garage.

One will also see similar deposits on short tripped motors, motors with infrequent oil changes, and on motors operated in high humidity. Combine the three, trouble. Franks intake tract, spotless, at 56k. No PAIR for at least 30k, frequent oil changes, NEVER short tripped. Rarely operated in high humidity (coastal and/or rain) conditions. Like many mysteries on this bike, probably no single factor involved.
emphasis added

I'm in Central time, wasn't that late!

But I did retire immediately after that forum session.
I forgot...you're on the wrong side of the Chattahoochee River bridge. :rolleyes:
Hey, south of that dam lake in Georgia (Lake Seminole) it's the Appalachicola River!

Same river, though.

And I'm on the correct side of the bridge. Don't have to stay up til nearly midnight to watch the local news and weather.

Last edited by a moderator: