FZ1 mirrors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim T

Reaction score
I ordered some fz1 mirrors after reading the FAQ section for new guys that these work on GEN 2 bikes. Then I read in the parts & accessories area that someone had a hard time getting the instaled. Do they bolt right on or do you have to improvise the install. Thanks Jim T

I ordered some fz1 mirrors after reading the FAQ section for new guys that these work on GEN 2 bikes. Then I read in the parts & accessories area that someone had a hard time getting the instaled. Do they bolt right on or do you have to improvise the install. Thanks Jim T
They bolted right onto my 07. Did you order the gen I FZ1 mirrors? 5LV-26280-00-00 REAR VIEW MIRROR ASSY (LEFT) and

5LV-26290-00-00 REAR VIEW MIRROR ASSY (RIGHT) are the ones you need. Some have complained about the gap in the rubber boot, but it doesn't bother me.

They bolted right onto my 07. Did you order the gen I FZ1 mirrors? 5LV-26280-00-00 REAR VIEW MIRROR ASSY (LEFT) and

5LV-26290-00-00 REAR VIEW MIRROR ASSY (RIGHT) are the ones you need. Some have complained about the gap in the rubber boot, but it doesn't bother me.
thats the ones i ordered, Thanks for info. Jim T

They bolt right on, I also have a small gap at the boots. No biggie to me. I recommend having 4 or more lock nuts ready. The factory nut and washers are a pain. I wish I had put mine on with lock nuts, I'm probably going to change them out some day when they work loose..

I had them on my 04 and was one of the first farkles on my 08. I guess I'm too anal about the gap. I ground the mounts down with a dremmel tool and got them to mount flush. Now I'm happy and I don't have to look at my elbows and hands anymore. :D Other than that they just bolt on like Harald and Sagebrush said.

GP

pichers1.jpg

Post up guys! Let's see what those mirrors look like on the FJR.