G2 throttle tamer?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boxxer06

Reaction score
G2 throttle tamer

I went to install the g2 throttle tamer on my 06 FJR and the throttle would not spring back?I tried a dozen or so times and no matter how many times I tried would not shut off.Installed the stock throttle and it worked as it should!!!On the G2 web site they list a (throttle tamer) and a (street tamer) would it make a difference?As the one they sent me is the THROTTLE TAMER?

Everyone I've seen has used the Throttle Tamer, so you have the right product. No idea why it's not working correctly, but I'd suspect the adjusters may be out of whack with the profile of the new cam.

Could it be related to low spring force? Have you unwound the return springs? I figure it is binding or spring force is low. Sounds like you have looked at binding already.

Do not know if spring was unwound but think not as it has a very hard throttle as it makes my wrist sore

Make sure that you have some small amount of slack in the throttle cables. If there is zero free play, the throttle will bind. Binding may depend upon how much the handlebars are turned, which can be a bad thing. (Throttle can be OK with the bars straight but stick while you have the bike heeled over in a turn.) I think the manual specifies a couple of mm of free play.

Latest posts