gained 1/2", lost Rider Seat Height Adjuster

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Archer

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I've been riding several months now without the adjuster frame. Nothing but positives for me! Thanks for looking.  
51159027254_2ded97a45f_o_d.jpg
51157582502_1799c9f221_o_d.jpg

Let's keep this thread on-topic (I've never seen one like this since FJRs have had a height adjuster) exclusively about height adjusters please. I'd love to see how it goes. :)

Thanks.

The Management

So your seat is a bit lower, easier to touch down.  Any other reasons to do this?  Like more storage room, easier to unlock or click seat back into place, like that?

I found that my seat wiggles around without the plastic frame in place. It is however an aftermarket seat of unknown origin. I'll just keep the frame in the low position.

I found that my seat wiggles around without the plastic frame in place. It is however an aftermarket seat of unknown origin. I'll just keep the frame in the low position.
My Corbin seat instructions said to remove it before installing the Corbin seat. So I guess it depends on the aftermarket seat.