Garauld (on this forum)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumotony

Reaction score
See Previous Post from February '07 below. Note the description of a dent to the gas tank and major scratches to the RH side bag.

I got a lot or advise from different members on the repairs, and got two estimates from MC body shops specializing in this type of work.
Estimate # 1 from Pauleez, Lawrenceville, GA was for $722.40 for all repairs to tank, fairing, mirror, side bag.
Estimate # 2 from Wicked Ways, Lawrenceville, GA was for $740.00 for the same repairs.
Not a lot of difference in these two estimates.

What I finally wound up doing was getting the dent "pulled" out by an outfit called Precision Dent - cost $65.00.
The minor scratches to the mirror and fairing mostly buffed out. The dent in the can, I can live with. Not that noticeable.
The side bag lid was another story. You can not just purchase a lid for an '07, and if you could they are fairly expensive. However, based on advise from
Forum members, I drilled out the rivets, took the lid off and sent it to Forum member Garauld, and he sent it back looking like a new one for the price of $75.00 plus shipping.

[SIZE=18pt]So, if you have any plastic parts that need repair/painting, this is an unpaid/unsolicited endorsement for some quality work by a fellow forum member.[/SIZE]

sumotony aka tvol73

Feb 25 2007, 09:06 PM
Post #1

Saturday, 02/24, with 9 major events taking place in Atlanta, I decided I would get out of town and perhaps avoid some of the traffic and possible gridlock that was projected to impede travel in the metro area.

I have a place in North Georgia and decided it would be a great day to check it out and get some miles on the new '07. Traveling up I85 and I985 toward Cornelia and Demorest was uneventful. I then took the back roads to the area in Demorest on the Chatahoochie where I have a get away retreat. The last couple of miles is on an unpaved, rutted gravel road. I dreaded this section and was going so slow and picking what I thought to be a good path, when at a speed of approximately
.5 mph, the front wheel got into some heavy gravel that had pushed up out of ruts in the road, and the wheel started sliding and nothing I could do to keep her from going over at this point. The road bed under the gravel was soft and the Skyway slider on the ride hand side of the bike sank all the way into the road with the fairing laying on the gravel portion of the road way.

Damage - Right hand can has a fair size dent in it and is scratched. The right hand side bag has some major scratches on it.Right hand fairing and Rh mirror have minor scratches. The one thing that I have not figured out is a dent on the right hand side of the gas tank, approximately 6 inches to the left of the Yammi logo and toward the top.

The dented and scratched can will just have to be character additions, but I would like to get the side bag repaired and see if the scratches on the fairing and mirror can be repaired with out too much expense.

Does anyone in the Atlanta area have anyone they would recommend for the cosmetic repair? My wounded pride will take some time to heal, but I will get over it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Garauld's work is the best quality (custom level work), best price,and the best customer service of any vendor I have ever used. The fit, finish and attention to detail of his products are outstanding. I also highly recommend him.

Both my bags were fairly hammered from DPO double drop. Garauld had them back in my hands in less than 3 weeks when the local shops were putting me off for another month. the workmanship was very good, as was service and shipping . Thanks Todd H.

I bought a custom fabricated back rest for my '05 from Garauld. He perfectly color matched it and fitted it with a small pad that I had direct shipped to him from a separate E-bay purchase. This was the best experience I have had to-date with any of my farkling. The delivery was fast, received in perfect condition and bolted right on! :clapping:

I've now had multiple dealings with Garauld and have reffered friends to him as well. If he were any nicer to deal with, or his work or prices were any better, I'd think there was something really wrong with him, like obsessive/compulsive disorder or something. Clearly, the guy likes what he's doing! Do business with him and he will make you happy...PERIOD! I'm already lining up more work to send him. Gary, I don't know how or why you do it, but I'm glad you do!

I just want to say how much I appreciate this vendor. I had an idea to use part of Gary's rack design as a simple mounting plate for my aftermarket top-case so that I didn't have to drill holes or mess up the paint on Betty.

Well, long story short: He was happy to help, worked with me on every detail and sent me a finished product that I couldn't be happier with. It is PERFECT! Which is to say it is everything I asked for and then some.

Gary is a first-rate guy, easy to talk to on the phone, easy to work with and makes a quality product... at a damned good price!

So, THANKS GARY!!!!!!!

:yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping:

I owe you a beer, because I know you didn't charge me enough for the product you sent!

Pictures are on my website... just follow the link in my sig to Betty's place.

Not much to say other than fucking fantastic work. I'll let the pictures substitute for my vocabulary

Before

PICT0112.jpg

After

DSC00850.jpg

I figure a comparison will give a better idea. One's stock,corbin and Garaulds fine work. If you can figure out which bag is which on the color alone, you're a better discerner of color than I am.

Gary is a first-rate guy... and makes a quality product... at a damned good price!

Duff, sorry to piggyback off of your post, but I just wanted to reiterate how great it is to deal with Gary.

I got one of his smaller sport racks as well as had him powdercoat my highway pegs. I couldn't be happier with the results.

Thanks again Gary!!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

+1 on everything said here

But don't forget to mention one more thing...

THe professional way this stuff gets packed and shipped.

It really shows how much he cares, and this is THE definition of professional.

Thanks G, the stuff looks GREAT!!!

Another satisfied customer! Gary repainted my left case. It looks great!!! A great job at a great price done very fast. :yahoo: This is one forum member that deserves our business. You won't be disappointed.

Purchased a backrest from this vendor for christmas. Item was received in excellent shape with outstanding workmanship. Very sturdy and superb paint and materiel. Would recommend to all. Can't beat the price when compared to premier accessories backrest and he has money back guarantee that includes shipping.

The G-man just painted my nearly new Corbin smuggler....and what a great job!!!

Another thing worth mentioning is the great packing job....this is the third or maybe 4th thing that he has done for me, and all have been perfect. You could not deal with a nicer guy either...!!

Garauld painted the lid of a Givi V46 topbox for me. The color-match is spot on, the paint looks great, the turn-around time was very quick, and the price was very reasonable. I'm very satisfied and hightly recommend him to do business with.

Alan