Garmin Zumo Mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fubar

FUBAR
Reaction score
Birthday coming up in a few days and the Wife wanted to know what I wanted. I told her to look at the Garmin Zumo 550. Everything I read on the forum is positive. Only I couldn't find anything about the mounting system. Is the mounting system adequate for mounting on the FJR? Or is there something better to purchase for mounting the 550? :blink:

DJR on his FJR

Birthday coming up in a few days and the Wife wanted to know what I wanted. I told her to look at the Garmin Zumo 550.
Lucky you!

Everything I read on the forum is positive.
It's not perfect but it's the best bike GPS available.

Only I couldn't find anything about the mounting system. Is the mounting system adequate for mounting on the FJR? Or is there something better to purchase for mounting the 550? :blink:
The kit my wife bought for me (we're *both* lucky guys!) came with a handlebar mount that worked just fine but I soon swapped it out for a triple tree nut. You can also order a Motorcycle Stem Mount from Fellow forum member BikeEffects who offers a 10% discount.

I found a link with a photo.

picture492ci4.jpg

The Tech Mount is pretty but way too spendy.

I have the drilled and tapped triple tree stem nut mount from Mr. Unmentionable (link above) - for my $21 it is perfect.

I mounted mine on the clutch bracket wtih the supplied Ram mount. I wanted a techmount so the GPS would be mounted low and center but did not have the time to wait b4 a big ride. Actually it worked out quite well where it was and I really did not mind it's location. I used a few black zip ties to secure the power wire along the FJR wires to a point on the right fork where I was able to make the jump to the battery with no interference. Worked wonderously.

The Tech Mount is pretty but way too spendy.
I have the drilled and tapped triple tree stem nut mount from Mr. Unmentionable (link above) - for my $21 it is perfect.
Is there any reason I cannot drill and tap the stem nut myself?