• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gen.1 Rick Mayer Seat ***SOLD***

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dudewado

Reaction score
***SOLD***

Rick Mayer vinyl covered seat from my dear departed '03.

Excellent condition. I bought it used and do not remember what size person it was built for. I'm 6' 175 lbs. and it worked great for me.

It doubled my allowed seat time compared to the stock seat.

$250 + shipping to lower 48.

XCvLyZy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the assist. I probably knew that 14 years ago.

It's kind of funny, the first 5 or 6 years I could rattle off almost every fact from FJR land. the other day someone asked me how heavy the FJR was and how quick in the 1/4 mile it was, and I couldn't remember.

someone asked me how heavy the FJR was and how quick in the 1/4 mile it was
... about 600lbs (Gen 1) and 11 seconds (if you believe what I read) driven by a proven professional.

Great looking and working seat too!!! GLWS
punk.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Great looking seat. I am lined up for a RDL. Not happy about the price tag with it. How much more comf5would your seat be to a Corbin.

I have sent you a private message...no response. Not sure if you sold it. Willing to pay what you asked for.

Thanks for the seat John. Looks great on the FJR. More importantly, it feels sooo much better than the Corbin.

Thanks for the seat John. Looks great on the FJR. More importantly, it feels sooo much better than the Corbin.
True DAT!

Corbin's are hard as ROCK!
Guess that makes me a hard ass ! I’ve run my Corbin over 100k on 3 FJR’s, actually sold my Mayer’s as the welting cut into my thighs after long multi day runs.