• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gen 1 Russell Day Long seats

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigtallguy

Reaction score
I have a set of Day Long seats for sale, rider and passenger. Built for 6'5" 270 lb rider and 5'4" 130 lb passenger. Vinyl seat material. This was my favorite mod I did for the FJR, it really made a difference in riding comfort for both me and my wife.

The passenger seat has a rub mark on each side (see pics) from the Givi rack. Seat material is completely intact though.

Asking $350 plus your good condition gen 1 stock seat and actual shipping cost. Buyer would ship me a stock seat, then I'll ship the Russell back in the same box if possible to cut down on costs. This would cost about $700 or so if you bought it new IIRC.

null_zps51c5232d.jpg

null_zps7d8a8559.jpg

null_zpsc7600c38.jpg

null_zpsc709da03.jpg

null_zpsf6d16cf2.jpg

null_zpsd3e537f3.jpg

null_zps36fb4dfe.jpg

null_zps6f26c0a9.jpg

null_zps4bd57f35.jpg

null_zps02b3e007.jpg

Oh hell. Dibs. PM Incoming

Ooops, sorry for the fast jump, I overlooked the Vinyl part, I thought it was leather. Will need to rethink it :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh hell. Dibs. PM Incoming
Ooops, sorry for the fast jump, I overlooked the Vinyl part, I thought it was leather. Will need to rethink it
sad.png
Just an FYI that Russells rarely come in anything but vinyl. While I'd prefer a leather one too...the fact it's Russell makes it kick butt over the leather Mayer I have.

Vinyl is a fine option in the Russel....

If it wasn't made for a such a different size then me, I'd take this deal...

That sweetens the deal a bit. I just wonder how much the size difference will make for me. I'm only 5' 10" and 230 Lbs (<only lol). The weight difference isn't that much, I just wonder how much difference the height makes when RDL designs the seat.