Gen 3 Gets FZ-1 Fuzeblock, Erica Lights, and The "Big Drill"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suspect that the filter is the greatest single pressure drop point in the system. It might help if you can mount the filter in a vertical orientation with the fuel feeding from the bottom. Perhaps you can find a fuel filter specifically designed for low pressure systems. Typical automotive filters are designed to be pump-driven. For example:

https://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/fuel-filters/sytec-pro-flow-low-pressure-fuel-filter

Lots of others out there, according to Google.

I suspect that the filter is the greatest single pressure drop point in the system. It might help if you can mount the filter in a vertical orientation with the fuel feeding from the bottom. Perhaps you can find a fuel filter specifically designed for low pressure systems. Typical automotive filters are designed to be pump-driven. For example:https://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/fuel-filters/sytec-pro-flow-low-pressure-fuel-filter

Lots of others out there, according to Google.
I do have some discretion with filter orientation and position, and will consider. I already have one of those glass filters in 5/16", the orifice is about 0.21", and *think* fuel transferred at the same rate than the type I have pictured at similar orifice size....I dunno.

I just found one in 3/8" and think I might be able to do a bit of reorientation of that fuel cell hardware to orient vertically.

Thanks for the idea!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you guys. I hadn't thought of the filter causing problems with an airlock. I can easily move mine to the vertical section of line running out of the tank. That has the double bonus of becoming much more accessible too.

Maybe that is what was happening that 110F day in Kansas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you guys. I hadn't thought of the filter causing problems with an airlock. I can easily move mine to the vertical section of line running out of the tank. That has the double bonus of becoming much more accessible too.
Maybe that is what was happening that 110F day in Kansas.
If you do, the filter should be near the low point and should feed from the bottom of the filter and out the top so air gets pushed out rather than trapped in the filter. Might need an additional loop of fuel hose to accomplish this. Hope it works.