Gen III more than just a rumour from reliable sources

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yamafitter

Reigning NERDS Granite Lane Gold Medalist
Reaction score
I was talking to my contact at Yamaha Canada today and was told to expect a re-designed FJR for 2013. They have just received new diagnostics for the bike which tells me it will be more than just a paint change. He did not have any further details at this time but is sure there will be significant changes.

I will be working with my contact in the hopes we can swing it to have both the new FJR and a Super Tenere for demo rides at 2013 CFR. My contact seems to feel that it would be doable which would be very sweet. I have first dibs on both.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was talking to my contact at Yamaha Canada today and was told to expect a re-designed FJR for 2013. They have just received new diagnostics for the bike which tells me it will be more than just a paint change. He did not have any further details at this time but is sure there will be significant changes.

I will be working with my contact in the hopes we can swing it to have both the new FJR and a Super Tenere for demo rides at 2013 CFR. My contact seems to feel that it would be doable which would be very sweet. I have first dibs on both.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'll believe it when I see it!

Ha ha, good one yamafitter! You crack me up! :p

Every year it's the same thing; I know someone who knows someone who has a cousin who is married to the gardener who works at the house of a person who babysits for the secretary of the vice president fo0r glue products at the company that makes the carboard boxes for the cartons they ship motorcycles in and they know for absolute certain thzat this year we're in for something extra special;

And the colour is . . . . . Blue.

Colour me skeptical; I'm from Missouri (not really), But I'll believe it only when I see it.

It is a rumour and will continue to be until someone reputable actually sees one ion person and touches it.

Colour me skeptical, but we only have a month to wait for Yamaha new model announcements.

I was talking to my contact at Yamaha Canada today and was told to expect a re-designed FJR for 2013.
More fodder for the 9th or 17th incarnation of less-than-sure speculation from 2008 or more recent incarnation here. We'll reconsider its NEPRT status if substantiated by Yamaha formally or other more reputable source you can name by name. Until then....use the original thread on it if you want to jabber-jabber.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.