GenMar risers question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxhuntr

Reaction score
I've got a set of risers on the way for my 07. I've got all the great pictures of how to install them. My question is, what if I get them on and don't like them? After I've cut the wire loom, etc. can I still get them back to stock fairly easily?

On my old 03, risers are simply installed with the longer bolts. As long as you save the original bolts, you can go back to stock easily, I think, on 06-08.

I just did the install on the GenMar risers last weekend. I did cut the wire loom but that is just to make installing easier. When I checked, you can remove the wiring/cables and remove that piece but it looked like to much of pain. It took me 30-45 mins max cutting and it looked like a 2-3 hour job if you remove intact.

I think you could cut them slightly bend them get everything out and if you decided to remove riser put it back on and bend back to original location. I cut mine right on a joint so if I wanted I could tack it.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
I just did the install on the GenMar risers last weekend. I did cut the wire loom but that is just to make installing easier. When I checked, you can remove the wiring/cables and remove that piece but it looked like to much of pain. It took me 30-45 mins max cutting and it looked like a 2-3 hour job if you remove intact.
I think you could cut them slightly bend them get everything out and if you decided to remove riser put it back on and bend back to original location. I cut mine right on a joint so if I wanted I could tack it.

Dave
Sounds like the way to go. Thanks.

Anyone know where I can get about a 1/2 dozen of those little caps that fit on top of the 6mm Allen bolts that are used for the handlebars.?

Oh....and not have to pay 6 bucks apiece for them or some such. :rolleyes:

Anyone know where I can get about a 1/2 dozen of those little caps that fit on top of the 6mm Allen bolts that are used for the handlebars.?
Oh....and not have to pay 6 bucks apiece for them or some such. :rolleyes:

Try here Clicky Here (5 PACK FOR UNDER 6 BUCKS)

Go to where it says OEM parts towards the top left of the page under PRODUCT CENTER

Last edited by a moderator: