Gerbing's Heated Clothing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill

Reaction score
Talk about a warranty and customer service!!! WOW

Many years ago, I discovered heated clothing and purchased a Widder vest and gloves. As time went on, I continued to press the limits of cold weather riding in Michigan and required even greater warmth. I added a Gerbing's Jacket Liner and gloves to the closet. Gerbing's Heated Clothing This Jacket Liner was one of the quilted-look originals. Very UGLY but very warm, and functional with trailer plugs for connecting the heat controller and gloves. (the gloves were double-wired by Gordon Gerbing because I used to smoke and often needed more warmth in the gloves than was needed in the jacket liner)

Last winter, the trailer plugs that connected the gloves broke off and I wore my new Warm & Safe jacket liner instead. Ultimately, I lost some weight and the Warm & Safe became too large and was sold on eBay. I then contacted Gerbing's and asked about repairing the trailer plugs on my 15 year old Jacket Liner.

They informed me that the repair would be covered under their lifetime warranty and that I should just send it out to them. Well... what I got back was a brand new Jacket Liner to replace my 15 year old one.

How many other companies out there stand by their product after 15 years and deliver that level of customer service???

I've had a Widder vest and gloves for 4 years and they replace the glove harness for me every year because the wires break from the flexing encountered putting the glove on and off. Doesn't say much for the design, but the service is good!