Get'n through Denver

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tbird

Reaction score
I'm in the planning stage of a B2B run. Cuidad Juarez to Orkney Saskatchewan.

Current plans have me zooming through Denver about 6-6:30pm. Which would

be the best (fastest) way through Denver???

Would a Saturday/Sunday be a lot better than a weekday?

1) Stay on I-25 though the heart of the city

or

2) Take loop 470 east of town.

Thanks!

I'm in the planning stage of a B2B run. Cuidad Juarez to Orkney Saskatchewan.
Current plans have me zooming through Denver about 6-6:30pm. Which would

be the best (fastest) way through Denver???

Would a Saturday/Sunday be a lot better than a weekday?

1) Stay on I-25 though the heart of the city

or

2) Take loop 470 east of town.

Thanks!
If you are coming in from the east on I-70 then take the 470 bypass.

If you are coming from Colorado Springs I'd think staying on 25 is the way to go. I've been through there in rush hour in the rain on my bike and it was not rider friendly but all went well. If you can avoid exiting and just stay on 25 until you get out of the congestion you'll be okay. When I've been through at rush hour times there was a lot of traffic but it flowed. I've never been in stand-still traffic going north from south.

BUT, I'm not the most experienced. I'm not from Denver. So, I have that disclaimer and I hope that some of the locals can give you the definitive info you need.

If you are coming from the south after 6 PM or so, it shouldn't be too bad. Saturday or Sunday would be no problem and quicker than a weekday. If you really want to get through the city in a hurry and don't mind paying tolls, you can use E-470. It starts on the south end and dumps you out quite a ways north of the city proper. And you don't have to stop and pay the tolls anyhow. If they can figure out who you are (may be tricky with out of state plates) they just send you a bill with no penalty if paid in a reasonable amount of time.

If you need anything when you are in this neck of the woods, I'm in the FJR Assistance Directory. I'm only a few blocks from I-25 so if you needed to flop for a nap, you are more than welcome.

Steve

Thanks Lee and Steve,

I appreciate the info. I was unaware that 470 was a toll road. I checked out their website

and calculated $9.75 to go the full distance I-25 S to I-25 N. Which I take will depend on

Day of week, Time of arrival, and if I'm going for the B2B in 24 or 36 hours. I still have

none of that pinned down as of yet.

Last edited by a moderator: