Getting to NAFO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#1 There is a man building a castle in southeast colorado somewhere that I would like to see again.
I see you're well on your way and through Colorado already, but if you want to catch it on the way back, it's "Bishop's Castle," a little south and I think west of Colo. Springs. Worth a short stop, if you're already going past it, IMO.

Okay, I'm considering a visit to Glacier as I have never been which means I would just meet everyone in Castlegar and forego Spokane on the trip up.

P.S. Any recommendations on where to stay at Glacier??
I put this on somebody else's post too, but if you get as far as St. Mary, do NOT fail to go a bit farther north (not many miles at all, and on the way to Waterton Lakes) and find the entrance into GNP that takes you to the area called "Many Glacier." It is incredibly gorgeous and WELL worth a detour. There are two places to stay there, the Many Glacier Inn and the Swiftcurrent Lodge. POSSIBLE to walk in and find a room for one night either place. Much harder to plan any longer stay, as the whole park has such a short season to pack all its business into. Otherwise, lots of standard motels in one of the little towns just outside the west end of the park like Hungry Horse, Whitefish, Columbia Falls. Enjoy.

I found the castle on the maps and had plotted to drive by it but somehow my route ended up changine so i missed it.. bummer.

I'm at Grants Pass in Oregon for the night.. a little over 3500 miles so far on this trip.

Found some great roads so far mostly by what others have allready ridden and told me about through a forum or ama reports but I did come across a section called aveneau of the Giants that was reall nice.

I heard that there is a road next to a river in Washington that you can drive on and see many water falls without even leaving the road.

Can anyone give me a little more clarity on this section of road?

The road you're looking for is on the Oregon side of the Columbia River, south of I-84: East Crown Point Highway/East Historic Columbia River Highway. Take the Corbett exit from I-84 to Corbett, then go east on the Historic Columbia River Highway. It's not a fast ride and the traffic shouldn't be too bad during the week. Very scenic area and should still be pretty "green". That area does get a little "brown" later in the summer.

The road you're looking for is on the Oregon side of the Columbia River, south of I-84: East Crown Point Highway/East Historic Columbia River Highway. Take the Corbett exit from I-84 to Corbett, then go east on the Historic Columbia River Highway. It's not a fast ride and the traffic shouldn't be too bad during the week. Very scenic area and should still be pretty "green". That area does get a little "brown" later in the summer.
Thankyou.

Just in time.. I'm going to program that into my gps now so I dont miss it