Give Marty 'Oface' a Get-outta-jail Card? (Poll)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is it time to set 'Oface' free? (to post on this Forum again)

• YES! ...It's time to let this shit go!

Votes: 58 96.7%
  • NO! ...He deserves more Jail-time!

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Hmmm?... I'm waffling!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
RFH...Relax dude. I honestly don't see anyone getting worked up. OFace isn't hiding behind our bravery. I can almost guarantee that no admin is going to read this and decide they better call Marty and let him back in 'or else.'

This was like a friendly, "Hey, how's about someone let Marty back." Just in case they forgot. I, for one, forgot he got banned. Like most, I have bigger stuff to worry about.

If he wants back he knows how to go about that. If he doesn't wanna do any of that, then this is a moot discussion.

I thought it was warming up and people could ride now. Maybe we're just still shaking winter off. Lol!

I thought it was warming up and people could ride now. Maybe we're just still shaking winter off. Lol!
Dunno about anyone else, but, I'm transitioning from winter beer to summer beer right now an' I'm always a bit grumpy when the temperatures fluctuate 20 to 30 degrees a day.

Last edited by a moderator:
His account isn't locked. He's not in a time out or ban status.

Did anyone talk to him first?

I just "talked" to him. I was wondering how that came about if he was "banned". If all this crap is for nothing...

I HATE, HATE, HATE, when I am not in agreement with my "friends". It always causes me to second guess myself. This thing has turned into a thorn in my side but...

Many of you have said that OFace is a man who will not back down. You have said that he stands up for what he believes in. You all respect him for his unwillingness to give in. Well, now that I have made my stand, I am backed into a corner. I was told to "get off the fence." So, I did and I cannot back down now. Right or wrong, I will not back down. Would you guys respect me if I were to start "Crawfishing"?

I urged him personally to contact The Management and make amends. I am fairly certain based on past examples that this little thread is not going to affect the Admin's stance one bit. I don't like it, but it ain't my sandbox. If it happens, I am almost positive that he will have to do it himself. Of course, I already said that...

Edit: I just "talked" to him again. Screw it, I am going to place my vote. I say bring him back.

I just "talked" to him. I was wondering how that came about if he was "banned". If all this crap is for nothing...

I HATE, HATE, HATE, when I am not in agreement with my "friends". It always causes me to second guess myself. This thing has turned into a thorn in my side but...

Many of you have said that OFace is a man who will not back down. You have said that he stands up for what he believes in. You all respect him for his unwillingness to give in. Well, now that I have made my stand, I am backed into a corner. I was told to "get off the fence." So, I did and I cannot back down now. Right or wrong, I will not back down. Would you guys respect me if I were to start "Crawfishing"?

I urged him personally to contact The Management and make amends. I am fairly certain based on past examples that this little thread is not going to affect the Admin's stance one bit. I don't like it, but it ain't my sandbox. If it happens, I am almost positive that he will have to do it himself. Of course, I already said that...

Edit: I just "talked" to him again. Screw it, I am going to place my vote. I say bring him back.

Given these two post I am totally confused.

Could this possibly be a FIRST on the net??? Where a person was actually Drafted onto a forum?

It's like whiplash. :)

So you're saying he's free to come and post anytime with no limitations on access? That puts it in his court then, if that's the case.

However, I'm not sure what this forum's software will label the feature, but other setups have an option that basically allows a member to create a post, and before it's displayed, an admin or moderator has to approve the post.

You're indicating that no such restrictions are in place? No conditions have been set and need to be met to allow Marty to post?

When a user is in "time out" or "ban" status, what does that actually mean and what tools do you use to facilitate this?

So you're saying he's free to come and post anytime with no limitations on access? That puts it in his court then, if that's the case.

However, I'm not sure what this forum's software will label the feature, but other setups have an option that basically allows a member to create a post, and before it's displayed, an admin or moderator has to approve the post.

You're indicating that no such restrictions are in place? No conditions have been set and need to be met to allow Marty to post?

When a user is in "time out" or "ban" status, what does that actually mean and what tools do you use to facilitate this?

That is what he indicated to me. His posts must be approved by an Admin. "Moderator Cue" I think is the term.

I am not getting in the middle of this, I have done all I can to see both parties meet in the middle. I hope they can do so. I have reversed my position based on my communication with Marty, hopefully the same results are possible if honest communication takes place between Marty and The Management.

I am certain that The Management would prefer our discussions be more centered around FJRs and less around how the board is run. I can see the logic in that. We would have less trouble that way.

Thanks RFH - it sheds more light. So it brings into question the statement by Bounce below "He's not in time out or ban status" - what do you call "moderator que" - is that not "time out"??

That is what he indicated to me. His posts must be approved by an Admin. "Moderator Cue" I think is the term.

I was out on the road driving truck all day yesterday so I missed out on all the mingle. I observe the no laptop on the console while driving dealio.

SO! He emailed me late last night that he was still locked from normal posting (without Moderation review before it gets published). He has been in contact (PM) with Iggy. I shall leave the dialog that was said as private between them. I personally think that this is progressing well... to get the 'face back on here
smile.png

Sorry RFH.... that I didn't put a "Waffling" or "On the Fence" Poll option. ME bad. [edit] Done!

I just enjoyed the juxtaposition of the picture of the toreador and the bull with a post by "El Toro Joe."
laugh.png
laugh.png
laugh.png

p.s. I always cheer for the bull.

Even if he fatally gores the toreador, he still never "wins" in the end. I often feel that way at work.

RFH, based on your actions throughout this thread, my respect for you has gone up even more.

And it was already pretty damn high up on the list.

..and it ain't waffling, it's called a course correction!
angel.gif

Thanks RFH - it sheds more light. So it brings into question the statement by Bounce below "He's not in time out or ban status" - what do you call "moderator que" - is that not "time out"??
a TIME OUT means you can't even log in, view or anything. It's of short duration compared to a BAN which is permanent. After other measures were exhausted his access was restored; short of needing public posts approved before they go live. The details about why are either there for searching or PM and not kosher to share without the approval of all participants. It appeared to be the only way to short circuit the cycle and avoid a BAN.

RFH, there is a huge difference between staying the course because one knows he is right, and refusing to adjust an opinion when the circumstances have changed.

There's nothing noble about being hard headed just for the sake of being hard headed.

RFH, there is a huge difference between staying the course because one knows he is right, and refusing to adjust an opinion when the circumstances have changed.
There's nothing noble about being hard headed just for the sake of being hard headed.
RFH, based on your actions throughout this thread, my respect for you has gone up even more.And it was already pretty damn high up on the list.

..and it ain't waffling, it's called a course correction!
angel.gif
Thanks guys. I don't like to back down and I don't like to admit I am wrong. I also don't like attacking a man who cannot defend himself or talking behind someone's back. Marty was kind enough to relieve me of that burden. After our discussion, I felt that part of my original stance was incorrect. I cannot take back, nor will I apologize for many of the points that I made. However, I feel that he deserves my support. He now has my support.

I had what was for me a very good conversation with Marty. He is apparently a man of principle as many of you stated. I hope that I have in some measure helped him achieve reinstatement. I personally look forward to "butting heads" with him in person.

And Zilla? It is far easier for me to be hard headed than it is for me to be noble.

I just hope this get's sorted out soon. I think that it is time for everyone to put their differences aside.

Status
Not open for further replies.