Go Rossi!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and good luck to Edwards, Hopkins, and even Hayden, even though he's on a <_< honda.

I like how Rossi admitted Melandri was pushing him at the end. I think Melandri being in the lead for the first half of the race BUT being 1/2 second slower than the pace he was capable of means that he had some mental reserve left AND some tires for that last push. Couple mistakes cost him a chance to push for the win but he is young. I am so happy to see someone challenging Rossi. I think the races will be worth watching for the rest of the season, instead of being the joke they have been where Rossi just hangs out until the last lap to actually race. In a way it makes a mockery of the sport, and I am glad we won't see it as much anymore.

Now if Hayden can look as good all race as he does in the first 5 laps...Edwards looked stellar too.

Challenging Rossi and beating him is two different things. Some one is going to have to dig real deep to beat him. Both of the last two races he broke the Lap Records on the LAST LAP with used up tires. The last one by 1.250 seconds. Phenomenal on used tires (understatement)! Everyone else is going 'I better slow down or I am going to crash.' Rossi has to make the wrong tire choice to get beat.

Congradulations to Edwards & Hayden.

Sete's championship hopes is a joke. :ph34r: Fifth in this last race.

Sete's championship hopes is a joke. ph34r.gif
Has been, Melandri has been ahead in the points for a few races now I thought, ever since the mullet wrecked out the 3rd or 4th race.

The only really good race Seti had was the first one. I don't think he's mentally recovered from Rossi bouncing him out wide on the last turn... I know I know, old news. Ya gotta like Seti's girlfriend though. :dribble:

Challenging Rossi and beating him is two different things.
Rossi has to make the wrong tire choice to get beat.
I know challenging Rossi and beating him is 2 different things. It was exciting to see someone actually just push him was my point....instead of it being some rider who is just an orange cone for him to blaze past on the final lap. I might pee myself if someone can honest to goodness outrace him.

Laguna Seca is going to be a phenominal race! Its going to be more of a toss-up of who ends up on the podium due to being an unfamiliar track for the regulars. I dont think the Americans will have a tangible advatnage per se, but will want to do well on their home turf and that will be a great motivator.

As far as tires, not sure what you mean since Rossi is consistently running harder tire compounds than anyone else at the front of the pack. His tires are in better shape on the final lap than anyone elses up there, because they are harder compound AND because of how great a rider he is. But the fact that he can run up there all race on hard front and rear is amazing.

I think Edwards should fair well at leguna. He's been at or near the top of the pack in the last few races, and mentioned they had a "break through" on his bike's setup during practice for the last race. These factors combined with more track knowladge could be just enough. I still doubt he'll take Rossi. Rossi would just follow him around the track and make a last minute pass.

I'd like to see hayden do well, but he's not been able to keep the pace is starts out with.