Going to a bike show ..Need a favor

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NovaFlyer

Reaction score
Hi folk's.

Need to ask a favour of peeps going to their local bike shows. Could you please check out the new 07 Triumph Sprints for me? Pics of the new red would be very much appreciated as well. One's of the windscreen and bars in particular would be greatly appreciated. For some reason Triumph Canada isn't showing up to the Toronto bike show so Mrs Flyer can't get a chance to see it in person. Much like our old PDP, you have to put your money down to get the chance to see/own one in my area of the world. :glare:

The next bike for Mrs Flyer is narrowed down to the 07 Feejr , or the Sprint ST and am looking at trying to get some pics that show the actual color instead of the enhanced internet stuff.

Thanx guys.

NFlyer

I'd be happy to, but the last few years, Triumph has not had a factory presence at the Long Beach, CA show. New model year bikes are non-existent and just a few left overs may or may not be displayed by local dealers.

....The next bike for Mrs Flyer is narrowed down to the 07 Feejr , or the Sprint ST and am looking at trying to get some pics that show the actual color instead of the enhanced internet stuff.
Thanx guys.

NFlyer

Here ya go NFlyer, straight from the Milan Bike Show earlier this month.

(A word to the wise: the smart money is on the Feejer :D :D :D )

Stef

PICT0022.JPG

Gratsi <sp?> Stef.

Man that is a good lookin' rig. Truely appreciate the pic ... Do you have any others? Seems Triumph is dropping off the face of the N American continent these days. I though it was just up in my neck of the woods, but it seems to be contagious all over.

I here yah regarding the Feejr ... I'm not the one needing convincing though. Mrs Flyer makes her own choices and I can only suggest ...nudge ... The fact is she really likes the look of the Sprint.

Again guys ... appreciate the help and if anyone has other pics ... Please send them along.

I'll see if any of the dealers @ the manufactures show brings one in next week,....if you don't mind the wait....

Morning Mike.

I'd appreciate that. I looked at the show floor plan and saw nothing about Triumph's. The dealer out my way isn't bringing in an 07 without money down etc .... <grrrrr>

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll see if any of the dealers @ the manufactures show brings one in next week,....if you don't mind the wait....
According to Triumph NA. It is very expensive attending all these moving shows. Triumph spends its money on other types of promotions.

Hi folk's.
Need to ask a favour of peeps going to their local bike shows. Could you please check out the new 07 Triumph Sprints for me? Pics of the new red would be very much appreciated as well. One's of the windscreen and bars in particular would be greatly appreciated. For some reason Triumph Canada isn't showing up to the Toronto bike show so Mrs Flyer can't get a chance to see it in person. Much like our old PDP, you have to put your money down to get the chance to see/own one in my area of the world. :glare:

The next bike for Mrs Flyer is narrowed down to the 07 Feejr , or the Sprint ST and am looking at trying to get some pics that show the actual color instead of the enhanced internet stuff.

Thanx guys.

NFlyer
https://www.triumph.co.uk/uk/5798.aspx

You may want to wait for the ST version!

oops wrong page will try again

No could not get the right page to load - sorry

This is a futuristic site for all Triumphs

Passione

Again it does not take you to the right page.

This is a fun site for Triumphs though

Evening Triple 'T'

I've checked out the Triumph website lot's of times. The thing is that most pictures are digitally enhanced etc... such that the real life look of the bike is lost. This is why I'm asking for bike show pics like Steph's.

Appreciate the help guys. Figuring I might fly down for the International bike show in Toronto Canada in early Jan to see what I can check out. Chicks in leather and chaps at the very least I'm figurin'.

Cheers

-Nova-

Watch yourself Nova. My fiance' was going to buy an 07 ST right up to when we found a problem. The drag link bolt is bending and breaking causing the swing arm to detach from the frame. So far it has not caused any deaths but it has become enough of a problem that Triumph is going to issue a service bulletin on it. This affects the 05-06 models and the 07 has the same design. For more check out triumphrat dot net and search in the Sprint forum for 0506 fault.

Speak of the devil. Today this arrived in Tina's email from Foothills Triumph/BMW here in Colorado.

As posted on the Triumph website.

"SPRINT ST 1050 & SPRINT ST 1050 ABS SAFETY RECALL

In-service feedback from predominently poor road surface condition markets has identified a small possibility of the rear suspension drag link bolt either bending or (in extreme conditions) fracturing on Sprint ST1050, both ABS and non-ABS models.

Under extreme circumstances it is therefore possible for the riders seating position to suddenly lower and for the rear mudguard to come into permanent contact with the rear tire.

Rider safety is of paramount importance to Triumph so despite the extremely low-risk to owners, the company has decided to recall all Sprint ST 1050 models as a precautionary measure.

Owners of machines are being notified directly by mail, however anyone who wishes to confirm whether their machine is affected by the action is asked to contact their local dealer. The recall applies to all Sprint ST 1050 models up to VIN 298255.

Although safe to ride in the meantime, owners are asked to make early arrangements to have the drag link bolt and allied parts replaced. All authorized dealers have been briefed for the recall and stock of the new unit is readily available."

I love the corp-speak about extreme conditions- none of the people reporting problems that i am aware of did anything but ride down paved roads, and poor road surface conditions. We have pretty good roads here in America and am guessing that the folks in Aust. and UK do as well. Be that as it may, they are at least doing something about it. Since it is a vin specific recall, it might be that they got a bad batch of drag link bolts. Perhaps some that didn't make the cut on a Kyosung!

The Sprint is an awesome bike. I've been on 07's in red and blue and can say that they are both very nice. Not nice enough to trade the FJR in, but for someone who wants a lighter bike capable of good all around performance, its a nice machine.

Evening Blueliner.

Appreciate the feedback. I've been reading the RAT forums to get acquainted with the ST's quirks and foibles. It's got some heat issues, spongy front brakes and it's first recall that you've mentioned. The thing is that 07 is the 3rd year with the present design so I figure that most of these things will have been addressed. I guy would like to think so at least.

Cheers

NFlyer

Not a problem. The 07 addresses the heat issue, to what extent I do not know. It was pretty cool when I rode it. The vent holes in the fairing are much larger. I am told that the brakes are something to do with the calipers having a seal that doesnt do well at sealing out dirt. Dirt gets somewhere in there (forgive me, i've forgotten particulars) and if one cleans the brakes every 3500 miles is solves the problem. I've ridden several and the brakes have always been excellent. Very much like R1 brakes.

The local dealer emailed me today and said that he would be happy to show me the parts involved in the recall. Tina is looking at other options so we aren't sure if I will take them up on that at this time. However, if I do, I'll get you a report.

Evening Blueliner.
Appreciate the feedback. I've been reading the RAT forums to get acquainted with the ST's quirks and foibles. It's got some heat issues, spongy front brakes and it's first recall that you've mentioned. The thing is that 07 is the 3rd year with the present design so I figure that most of these things will have been addressed. I guy would like to think so at least.

Cheers

NFlyer

Would appreciate that BlueLiner.

Seems you and I are on the same type of bike hunt .. Something for the missus that can keep up with the Feejr ... or pass it <lol>.

Cheers

NFlyer