Good Bye, Missouri... Hello Arizona

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree that jeep kicks ass.

Im jealous of your new location I swear one day I'm gonna be living out west..........somewhere.

I guess I'll just have to ride a little farther to split that triple bock with ya. sweet!

Good luck with everything hope it all goes smooth for you

Hey Adam,

Bring that Rubi over to Las Cruces, NM on Feb 24-27 for the Chile Challenge. We have trails from Easy to Extreme. Your rig looks like it can handle all of the Moderate and probably the Hard trails if you want to do them. I will be leading the Dona Ana Hard at least one day and one or two more Hard trails too. We usually have 300 to 350 vehicles. One year we had almost 400 rigs.

February in southern NM is cool to cold, but not so cold you cant wheel. Last year I had the top and doors off the whole time.

https://picasaweb.google.com/dirkkeeler/4x4...893159686613682

I don't know how to embed the picture. Hope you can see the picture in the link. These pics are on Habanero Falls - EXTREME! :dribble:

(BTW, if you look at my other photos, I now weigh 215. Ask anyone that went to SW-FOG in Page, AZ. I don't mind showing just how FAT I was so others might be inspired to loose as much as I have, 220lbs to date. Sorry for the drift Adam.)

DK

Adam:

First of all, I'm so sorry about the loss of your mother. I had a similar experience with my father and it remains a difficult memory.

I'm sorry we didn't get another ride in - our last was a soggy, high-speed adventure that got truncated due to my bailing out. I would have liked to spend more time with you drinking single malt and hearing your stories from the road.

I'm happy you are returning to almost home and near family. Seems like the older we get, the more we see the importance of it and the more willing we become to overlook foibles.

-David

Hey Adam,Bring that Rubi over to Las Cruces, NM on Feb 24-27 for the Chile Challenge. We have trails from Easy to Extreme. Your rig looks like it can handle all of the Moderate and probably the Hard trails if you want to do them. I will be leading the Dona Ana Hard at least one day and one or two more Hard trails too. We usually have 300 to 350 vehicles. One year we had almost 400 rigs.

February in southern NM is cool to cold, but not so cold you cant wheel. Last year I had the top and doors off the whole time.

https://picasaweb.google.com/dirkkeeler/4x4...893159686613682

I don't know how to embed the picture. Hope you can see the picture in the link. These pics are on Habanero Falls - EXTREME! :dribble:

(BTW, if you look at my other photos, I now weigh 215. Ask anyone that went to SW-FOG in Page, AZ. I don't mind showing just how FAT I was so others might be inspired to loose as much as I have, 220lbs to date. Sorry for the drift Adam.)

DK
Your JK is badass! I just scored some Raceline Beadlocks and 35" Toyo MT when i get to AZ. Also, EJS in Moab is not far from that date, And i plan on attending it this year.

BTW- to embed an image, You wrap it in these brackets:

Code:
[img= Insert image link here ]
JK%20On%20Extreme2.jpg

Adam:First of all, I'm so sorry about the loss of your mother. I had a similar experience with my father and it remains a difficult memory.

I'm sorry we didn't get another ride in - our last was a soggy, high-speed adventure that got truncated due to my bailing out. I would have liked to spend more time with you drinking single malt and hearing your stories from the road.

I'm happy you are returning to almost home and near family. Seems like the older we get, the more we see the importance of it and the more willing we become to overlook foibles.

-David
Thanks David...

It is too bad we didn't get to ride again this year. You will be in good hands with Glory Racing though! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam, first and most importantly I am sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. There is never enough time.

Well it has been a while since our first ride down at Hooterville on the Katrina weekend. Yourself, DocThrock, Smitty, and myself. I still can remember watching your wheels come briefly off of the ground at a low whoop-de-doo in the road. A lot of miles for all of us since then.

Hope things go well for you out there in the land of rocks, sand, sun, and Skooters. Take care and will hopefully catch you some day passing through. Just don't use me for a speed bump with your Jeep!

Chester

I suggest you move in with SkooterG. He has plenty of room. And the fridge is full of BeemerDon's beer. :lol:

Adam, first and most importantly I am sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. There is never enough time.
Well it has been a while since our first ride down at Hooterville on the Katrina weekend. Yourself, DocThrock, Smitty, and myself. I still can remember watching your wheels come briefly off of the ground at a low whoop-de-doo in the road. A lot of miles for all of us since then.

Hope things go well for you out there in the land of rocks, sand, sun, and Skooters. Take care and will hopefully catch you some day passing through. Just don't use me for a speed bump with your Jeep!

Chester
Thanks for the good memories Chester! I would love to show you some of the hidden treasures of AZ, If you make it out this way!

I suggest you move in with SkooterG. He has plenty of room. And the fridge is full of BeemerDon's beer. :lol:
I am such a sucker for good BEER! :drinks:

Chester
Thanks for the good memories Chester! I would love to show you some of the hidden treasures of AZ, If you make it out this way!

I am such a sucker for good BEER! :drinks:
Good FREE beer!

And skooter to go get more....whatta deal!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Looking forward to meeting you next weekend Art and having the pleasure of participating in a complete and utter "Pig-Out". I'll probably need a double dose of my cholesterol meds after the Los Robustos.

And Matt should try and attend, at least the Wikieup feast!

Thanks for the invite. I will try to attend both rides sounds like fun. I am off to Jamaica Mon this week. Wife owns a travel company. I am always game for local rides. And if you dudes need anything for or done on you bikes my son works for Walts Kawa Yamaha. Walt and Tony are long term friends of mine. "Good People".

I know you're getting ready to hit the road Art, so you drive safe and we'll see you this coming weekend. You've got a lot to get done before the Los Robustos.