Good Karma Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HYCLE

Hooligan #2
Reaction score
This journey began like most other great adventures. First we met at Starbucks 50 miles away. and sat sipping our coffee and talking of our younger days. After an enjoyable converstation with two excelent cyclists, and all around great guys, we proceeded down the highway to Crow Canyon Road. This road was not like any other I have ridden. The pavement was perfect with sweeping corners and young healthy women on bicycles to lead us on our journey. We climbed and climbed, higher and higher on Skyline Blvd. It seemed we would reach a higher level of conscienceness if we continued much further. We stopped to take in the view of the world below. All those people struggling in damp fog of the San Francisco Bay so close below us. We lingered at this high point of our journey meeting others of like minds. It all ended too soon and down we came from our lofty existance to rejoin the masses. I do remember some words of wisdom from the great Silent one as he spoke from the wall on high. He said "You guys need to drink more water on these rides or your will start seeing things"

Here are some scenes from the Wall. https://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z207/hycle/

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I was seeing a :clown2: .. Then I realized he was leading the pack :p

Linked em for ya Mike B)

The view from The Wall

IMG_8717.jpg

HYCLE, JB, and a really nice example of an '07 :rolleyes:

IMG_8709.jpg

Silent and JB contemplating tossing HYCLE off the wall as he turns delerious from lack of water :p

IMG_8713.jpg

None of my pictures came out worth a damn. Very fun ride indeed, I had fun B)

This journey began like most other great adventures. First we met at Starbucks 50 miles away. and sat sipping our coffee and talking of our younger days. After an enjoyable converstation with two excelent cyclists, and all around great guys, we proceeded down the highway to Crow Canyon Road. This road was not like any other I have ridden. The pavement was perfect with sweeping corners and young healthy women on bicycles to lead us on our journey. We climbed and climbed, higher and higher on Skyline Blvd. It seemed we would reach a higher level of conscienceness if we continued much further. We stopped to take in the view of the world below. All those people struggling in damp fog of the San Francisco Bay so close below us. We lingered at this high point of our journey meeting others of like minds. It all ended too soon and down we came from our lofty existance to rejoin the masses. I do remember some words of wisdom from the great Silent one as he spoke from the wall on high. He said "You guys need to drink more water on these rides or your will start seeing things"Here are some scenes from the Wall. https://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z207/hycle/
Damn! Nice write-up, Hycle. Looks like I've got some competition on the ride report postings.... :)

For the record, we did Crow Canyon off 680 to Castro Valley, then picked up Redwood to Skyline to Grizzly Peak to the Wall overlooking Berkeley, then back down to pick up 24 at the Caldecott, where we went down to 680, with Silent splitting right, Hycle and me left (north).

A fun day and ride. Thanks for coming to my hood, guys!

.After an enjoyable converstation with two excelent cyclists, and all around great guys,...
Thank you, and right back atcha....

I do remember some words of wisdom from the great Silent one as he spoke from the wall on high. He said "You guys need to drink more water on these rides or your will start seeing things."
My sister-in-law just handed me $80 cash for some concert tickets I got her. My jobsite in Pleasanton is a short walk to Cycle Gear. 'Bleeb I'm gonna get me a camelback tomorrow with it....

Jb

My sister-in-law just handed me $80 cash for some concert tickets I got her. My jobsite in Pleasanton is a short walk to Cycle Gear. 'Bleeb I'm gonna get me a camelback tomorrow with it....
Hans, I believe that SPorts Authority, Sports Chalet, etc., et al will be a bit cheaper than Cuycle Gear....but they are your $$$s.