Great little digital tire gauge ($6)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred H.

Reaction score
www.amazon.com has this great little Accutire digital gauge for $5.92

I have had one for a couple years now and I have found it to be extremely accurate.

I have a $50 Weakon digital gage that has built in atmospheric and temperature sensors and compensates for outside air temp and pressure changes, and I have checked several of these Accutire gauges against it, and they are always right on the money.

The price is right, and they don't take up much space, are easy to read and highly accurate. They will even ship for free if your order is over $25, so I just ordered 5 of them and put one in each of my vehicles.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000WODV...7268150?ie=UTF8

B0000WODVU.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1116819424_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had the same one going on 15 yrs got it from the Marlboro country store give aways. That was when you ripped the tab off the box and sent them to Marlboro. Got 2 folding fuji mountain bikes and lots of other cool stuff from them. Was saving up for the iron lung before they stopped the sweepstakes....

This gauge has been the most accurate out of all of them!

I won mine at the COG national rally in 2001, and have had it in the Wing for the past 100K miles, through all kinds of abuse. It still is as accurate today as it was the day I got it. I have been searching for them ever since, and only recently found them on Amazons site.

Five brand new ones arrived at my house today, so I should be set for life. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
OK Fred;

I'll get them but.........

Can you actually use them in the FJR? Looks like it would be a tight fit to get them attached.

-=SF=-

I won mine at the COG national rally in 2001, and have had it in the Wing for the past 100K miles, through all kinds of abuse. It still is as accurate today as it was the day I got it. I have been searching for them ever since, and only recently found them on Amazons site.

OK Fred;I'll get them but.........

Can you actually use them in the FJR? Looks like it would be a tight fit to get them attached.

-=SF=-
Good point, I forgot to mention that. They will fit, but yes it is rather tight and you have to position it just at the right angle to get it on the front tire. Most all gauges are hard to use on this bike due to the valve stem being positioned right next to a spoke on the wheel (what was Yamaha thinking?).

I have a set of right angle valve stems that I plan to install when I change tires to make it easier to get a gauge on them.

OK Fred;I'll get them but.........

-=SF=-

I have this guage too, and it works on the FJR, but is a very tight fit. Works a little better if you bend the valve stem a bit sideways with one hand and press the guage on with the other. Also, if you are measuring the front tire pressure then be sure that the brake rotors are cold because your hands will be pressing against them. I found that the larger sibling (number 7-shaped) Accutire pressure guage works much better.

Silverbear