Great place for Yamaha Accessories - Parts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patkurlej

Reaction score
Hello all,

I was searching for a reasonable place to purchase a Touring Trunk, Backrest, and Bracket for my 2006 FJR AE and an extended warranty and came across South Seattle Yamaha. I spoke to the owner and the finance manager and they were great to work with. Their internet prices for accessories are 25% below MSRP and the extended warranty price was excellent - the best that I could find with great service. So glad I stumbled upon them - even open on a Sunday!

When looking for parts or other FJR accessories, I would recommend giving them a call first. 253-838-3290 www.yamahasportsplaza.com.

Pat

Did you compare their prices to University Motors? I bet UM's would be cheaper. And how much did the extended warranty cost?

Hi SkooterG - I paid $400 for the 48 month YES warranty. I have not come across University Motors in any of my searches. I'd be pleased if you can pass on info for me in the future.

I purchased a Yamaha Touring windshield a few days ago from them for $82. I think they were the cheapest I found.

I purchased a Yamaha Touring windshield a few days ago from them for $82. I think they were the cheapest I found.

+1 on that....

Touring trunk for a great price; wish I had checked there. Other Yama parts seem priced well, and indeed the 4 yr YES is $400.00

What else are you doing at 2am? Check the posting, we're waiting for the website URL. Come to think of it....it's past my bed time....

And here I was thinking it was a joke thread . . . . with the answer to the question being

Installed on my bike!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just Placed an order at Parker Yamaha in Parker AZ.

https://www.parkeryamaha.com/

They have the slick online ordering process just like Ron Ayers and low prices on Yamaha parts (even lower than the Yamaha Sports Plaza for the parts that I wanted).

They ship FedEx ground and that's cheaper shipping than UPS for about the same delivery time.

I tried contacting U Motors twice to get these parts (just an air filter and some plugs) and had no responses. It looks on the web site like maybe they were moving or something. Maybe they'll get better in the future with correspondence. I had good success with U Motors in the past.

Thanks for the websites. I too thought the search and FAQ were my friends; however, I also discovered they can be enemy. Right now they aren't very nice to me. Or maybe I need to ask the right questions. How do I know? How does it know?

I'm seeking porofessional help....soon...

They have the slick online ordering process just like Ron Ayers and low prices on Yamaha parts (even lower than the Yamaha Sports Plaza for the parts that I wanted).
What slick process is that? I haven't figured it out.

BTW, I have been in contact with Mike Kolstad at U Motors over the last couple days as I get new parts for my clutch. And U Motors has been cheaper than YSP also.

BTW, I have been in contact with Mike Kolstad at U Motors over the last couple days as I get new parts for my clutch. And U Motors has been cheaper than YSP also.

You pick your parts from the parts diagrams and then checkout online.

I did not try calling U motors. I sent email and a message from the parts page on their web page. No answers

You pick your parts from the parts diagrams and then checkout online.

I did not try calling U motors. I sent email and a message from the parts page on their web page. No answers
I'm posting again because Scooter and I have been looking closer at the Parker Yamaha web site and it seems the two parts I was ordering were properly loaded into their database and in stock, but none of the quandry of clutch parts that he needs were.

So I'm sort of retracting my recommendation. Well, I guess I'll wait and see how my order goes...

Umotors is the best place for low prices, but my experience has been the same as others have posted. I have never gotten an email response from them. Last time I had sent a list of parts I wanted to order, but had to call myself after a week to order the parts. Mike had the email so it made it easier for him to just copy the parts list into the order.

I agree that slick online ordering systems are much nicer, but I haven't found cheaper parts anywhere else so I'm willing to deal with the phone call to save a few bucks.

I'm posting again because Scooter and I have been looking closer at the Parker Yamaha web site and it seems the two parts I was ordering were properly loaded into their database and in stock, but none of the quandry of clutch parts that he needs were.
So I'm sort of retracting my recommendation. Well, I guess I'll wait and see how my order goes...
True dat above. However they do have a link for a 'parts request form'. I submitted it, and received a response back the next day, in less than 24 hours with prices. Still, I would still need to call them to order the parts, so I am not giving them high marks for user friendliness.

So here are the price results for my recent order from the three vendors mentioned in this thread. Of course these prices don't include shipping.

Prices are from University Motors / Yamaha Sports Plaza / Parker Yamaha

Clutch stuff:

5JW-15461-00-00 GASKET, CRANKCASE COVER $6.10 / $7.73 / $10.59

5JW-16334-00-00 SPRING, CLUTCH $15.70 / $19.95 / $18.15

93306-00304-00 BEARING $8.58 / $9.08 / $11.89

341-16321-13-00 PLATE, FRICTION $6.74 / $7.26 / $11.04

5JW-16321-00-00 PLATE, FRICTION $8.66 / $11.31 / $15.49

2H7-16325-00-00 PLATE, CLUTCH $6.07 / $6.42 / $8.52

Instrument Cluster Bulbs:

4YR-83517-10-00 BULB (12V-2W T5) $1.28 / $1.61 / $1.85

4WM-83517-10-00 BULB (T3.4 14V-80MA) $2.54 / $3.22 / $3.69

So as you can see, UMotors wins on all parts. Second is YSP except for one part, and Parker Yamaha is a distant 3rd.

BTW, I have never called UMotors, only ordering parts by emailing Mike Kolstad. There may have been a time or two where I emailed a 2nd time when I got no response, but overall, I have been EXTREMELY satisfied with my frequent dealings with them.